warehouse clearance v. last week's prices, 30% off, and free shipping

scoobydoo

warehouse clearance v. last week's prices, 30% off, and free shipping

Post by scoobydoo » 7 months ago

OMG, you "old-timers" are gonna get such a kick out of this. It really demonstrates the wildly fluctuating and unfathomable pricing schemes LC uses.

So, last week (14th) there was a 30% discount AND free shipping. I went a tad crazy and ordered 17 items at 4 different times during the day. (Good news first is that they were all invoiced next day and arrived on the 19th!!)

I ordered 8 items at sale/clearance price with no discount. And another 9 items at sale/clearance price WITH 30% discount.

While scrolling through some of the current items, I noticed increased prices. So, being the OCD person that I am, I went through each and every item to see what the prices are today for each of my 17 items. Basically, more than HALF of the items are now selling at increased prices, up to FULL price amounts. But-- and here's the kicker-- for all the other items, even tho there is no change in item price today, the final price is still higher once you add in each shipping charge.

Examples are $3.00 last week for clearance peridot earrings selling today at $9.99. Ditto for three other items on clearance last week now at $9.99. Another clearance item last week was $2.00 but is today $3.00. Yet another clearance item last week at $6.79 is now $7.99. How on earth can something be on clearance one week and at higher prices during WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE is comical...if not criminal.

No other retail establishment in the country puts something on sale then later raises the price. No other sells something at "final clearance" then raises to full price. I can understand a so-called "flash sale" or a "this show only" sale to spur activity and reduce stock. But this all-over-creation pricing up and down and back again is for the birds.
5 x

RS

Re: warehouse clearance v. last week's prices, 30% off, and free shipping

Post by RS » 7 months ago

scoobydoo wrote:
7 months ago
OMG, you "old-timers" are gonna get such a kick out of this. It really demonstrates the wildly fluctuating and unfathomable pricing schemes LC uses.

So, last week (14th) there was a 30% discount AND free shipping. I went a tad crazy and ordered 17 items at 4 different times during the day. (Good news first is that they were all invoiced next day and arrived on the 19th!!)

I ordered 8 items at sale/clearance price with no discount. And another 9 items at sale/clearance price WITH 30% discount.

While scrolling through some of the current items, I noticed increased prices. So, being the OCD person that I am, I went through each and every item to see what the prices are today for each of my 17 items. Basically, more than HALF of the items are now selling at increased prices, up to FULL price amounts. But-- and here's the kicker-- for all the other items, even tho there is no change in item price today, the final price is still higher once you add in each shipping charge.

Examples are $3.00 last week for clearance peridot earrings selling today at $9.99. Ditto for three other items on clearance last week now at $9.99. Another clearance item last week was $2.00 but is today $3.00. Yet another clearance item last week at $6.79 is now $7.99. How on earth can something be on clearance one week and at higher prices during WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE is comical...if not criminal.

No other retail establishment in the country puts something on sale then later raises the price. No other sells something at "final clearance" then raises to full price. I can understand a so-called "flash sale" or a "this show only" sale to spur activity and reduce stock. But this all-over-creation pricing up and down and back again is for the birds.
Nope...my birds don’t like it either. 😡
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 7 months ago

Yep
The price fluctuations are ridiculous
They dont just change day to day
They can and have changed by the hour
And you're right Scoobydoo it makes no sense
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 7 months ago

I totally agree, I have noticed this and I have been shopping here for years. It’s gotten worse the past few years with this happening. The door busters still haven’t been taken off as doorbusters and they don’t qualify for the discount. I think this is wrong because the door busters were over awhile ago. And I have things on my wishlist that have went up very high compared to what it was. And I ordered some of those items awhile back and now they are almost double what I paid. This isn’t right and I think once it’s at a price, don’t increase it a few days later. This is bad business and I haven’t seen the other major shopping channels doing this. Once an item is on clearance, it stays and they don’t increase the price but lowered it. That channel is having clearance now and so many great deals on everything.
3 x

scoobydoo

RS wrote:
7 months ago

Nope...my birds don’t like it either. 😡
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, @RS, but you really did make me laugh. Do you in fact have birds? What kind?
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 7 months ago

RS, I’m curious, did the JC coat turn out okay after you put it in the dryer? Our daughter was wanting something like that and I might buy her one after Christmas, since we already have her gifts. But I would like to buy it at a store where I can inspect it.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 7 months ago

@scoobydoo

Yes I do, two parrots!

I have a Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure named Giacomo.

And my newest feathered kid is an Orange capped Caique named Hawkins. She’s about 10 months old now.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 7 months ago

Like I said before, clearance literally means clearing things out. You dont raise the prices when its over. If anything , it stays on clearance and you continue to drop the price. They are having an end of year sale like always, not a clearance. Leave it to men to not know the difference. Lol
4 x

scoobydoo

RS wrote:
7 months ago
@scoobydoo

Yes I do, two parrots!

I have a Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure named Giacomo.

And my newest feathered kid is an Orange capped Caique named Hawkins. She’s about 10 months old now.
Totally awesome, RS. I have lots of friends (well, just Facebook friends, LOL) that have all manner of birds. Their stories keep me in stitches.
3 x