Tanzanite TLV

RS

Re: Tanzanite TLV

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Your idea of camping sounds like heaven!

Didn't know you had birdies. What kind? I used to train birds (in my spare time). Mostly the larger parrots African Greys, Macaws, Yellow Headed Amazons, a * or two. Back a few decades ago having exotic birds seemed to be a status symbol and a lot of folks knew absolutely nothing about handling or caring for birds with lifespans that may exceed their owners ...shocking! I even had a large indoor-outdoor aviary built in my backyard in my gravy days. Miss my birdies.

PS Like your avatar
Doesn’t it though?! Kinda glamping for sure! No chandeliers though.

Oh yeah...I have birdies. I’ve had all different animals throughout my life but parrots started when I was a young teen.

Now I have my little parrots. A Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure named Giacomo (the movie The Court Jester???) and my new baby (although she’s already a little chunk is a Caique named Hawkins (same movie).

They are my babies! And I know about the lifespans. My daughter already knows that they will be hers. She loves them and they love her.

I have a post here in the forum with a pic of Hawkins from a couple of months ago. I think it’s titled “AWHHHH” ?

I’ve had big birds. I just happened to fall in love with Giac when I saw him, he was a baby and that was 10 years ago. And I researched Caiques because I saw a video online of one. They are difficult to find. Found one in Portland and my son and I took the weekend and drove up to get her. I purchased her before she was ready to come home but at three months she was!

Hubby wants to build a sunroom type aviary onto the house so I can just take them in without them being outside for the transfer. We have a perfect section of the house where it would go. I’d put a fountain in there, benches, pathways, etc.

I love fountains. I have 7 of them. The dog oasis has one as their dog water bowl.

Thanks about my avatar...that’s MEEEEEEEE!
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

You have such a big heart RS 💖💖💖💖💖
3 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Just curious if any of you just purchased the Tanzanite cuff bracelet for $299. I am not that brave, every time the host says it is deeply saturated and I buy it I end up sending it back. Sometimes I wonder if they give the host a good one to show so the host can really get excited over it and be more convincing but then mail out lower quality then what is shown in tanzanite and silver items.
I was going to start a thread about Tanzanite from SLC but since you were questioning their Tanzanite I thought I would tell MY feelings right now.

I bought a QUOTE "AAA" Color Tanzanite from SLC. While I was at the jeweler's picking up a pendant that I had fixed, one of the opal's was in the bag loose when I received it from SLC, I had him look at my "AAA" Tanzanite. He said the color was good, but it was definitely not "AAA" when the quality of the stone is in question. MINE HAS A "FEW" CHIPS IN IT!!!!!

So, I think that they are able to sell this crap because they buy all the chipped and damaged "AAA" and sell it at such "low" "discounted" prices.

Oh, ALL of my Welo Opals turned a YELLOW Pee Pee COLOR!!!

TOTALLY DISGUSTED!!!!!
3 x

Spooky

Gross
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

RS

Oh! I so envy you with your babies!

I love fountains also. I don't have any outside but try to make do with several small ones indoors. I like to think the sound of running water pours peace into your soul.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

I love fountains also. I don't have any outside but try to make do with several small ones indoors. I like to think the sound of running water pours peace into your soul.
At my last house I had 2 goldfish ponds, each with a waterfall. No koi, just the fantail goldfish. They were a labor of love & you're right about the calming effect og the water.
3 x

Spooky

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

At my last house I had 2 goldfish ponds, each with a waterfall. No koi, just the fantail goldfish. They were a labor of love & you're right about the calming effect og the water.
Wow Blossom, sounds sweet!
1 x

Blossom

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Wow Blossom, sounds sweet!
They were pretty cool. Built a gazebo that had a wooden walk/bridge that went over the middle of one. Goldfish ponds seemed to be a craze going around at the time, I knew several who had them.

But time marches on, too much landscaping over the years & my back finally screamed "STOP"...good times back in the day though!
1 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Your idea of camping sounds like heaven!

Didn't know you had birdies. What kind? I used to train birds (in my spare time). Mostly the larger parrots African Greys, Macaws, Yellow Headed Amazons, a * or two. Back a few decades ago having exotic birds seemed to be a status symbol and a lot of folks knew absolutely nothing about handling or caring for birds with lifespans that may exceed their owners ...shocking! I even had a large indoor-outdoor aviary built in my backyard in my gravy days. Miss my birdies.

PS Like your avatar
Doesn’t it though?! Kinda glamping for sure! No chandeliers though.

Oh yeah...I have birdies. I’ve had all different animals throughout my life but parrots started when I was a young teen.

Now I have my little parrots. A Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure named Giacomo (the movie The Court Jester???) and my new baby (although she’s already a little chunk is a Caique named Hawkins (same movie).

They are my babies! And I know about the lifespans. My daughter already knows that they will be hers. She loves them and they love her.

I have a post here in the forum with a pic of Hawkins from a couple of months ago. I think it’s titled “AWHHHH” ?

I’ve had big birds. I just happened to fall in love with Giac when I saw him, he was a baby and that was 10 years ago. And I researched Caiques because I saw a video online of one. They are difficult to find. Found one in Portland and my son and I took the weekend and drove up to get her. I purchased her before she was ready to come home but at three months she was!

Hubby wants to build a sunroom type aviary onto the house so I can just take them in without them being outside for the transfer. We have a perfect section of the house where it would go. I’d put a fountain in there, benches, pathways, etc.

I love fountains. I have 7 of them. The dog oasis has one as their dog water bowl.

Thanks about my avatar...that’s MEEEEEEEE!
RS, wasn't it your daughter who has Hank, at the Home Depot-Aisle 5?
1 x

Blossom

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

At my last house I had 2 goldfish ponds, each with a waterfall. No koi, just the fantail goldfish. They were a labor of love & you're right about the calming effect of the water.
0 x