The TLV...an opinion...

Post Reply
User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

The TLV...an opinion...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

Lately I have seen a few new TLV’s that seem nice and at a great price point.

Tonight however (and there have been a few of these lately) is another high end piece(s).

In my opinion (if SLC is interested in my opinion) the TLV should not be a high end/high priced item. People who are looking to buy high end aren’t waiting for it to be a TLV. They don’t need it to be a TLV.

A TLV should be the kind of item, the kind of deal that when you see it...even if you had NO PLANS of buying anything...makes you say “Whoa...I need that!” “Hey, what a great deal I love it” “that would make a great gift!”
And you buy it! Impulse buy for a TLV.
A high end item is not normally an impulse buy and it doesn’t need to be.
You cannot and usually don’t talk someone into a piece that is several thousand if they weren’t otherwise in the market or have so much disposable income so that it doesn’t matter.

High end TLV’s also are not offered in quantity because they simply will not be able to sell that many. So why then? Create a TLV you can offer in large quantity and SELL IT OUT!

The little three stone rings the other night? The amber bracelet? The suite with ring, pendant and earrings today?
Those are all great examples of what a TLV SHOULD be.
Let the high end have its place, show it, offer it.
Leave the TLV for great items at great prices.

Okay...that’s it. 😉
8 x

User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

That’s odd...Craig just said things on air that I just posted.
6 x

User avatar
OtherSideOfTheTracks
Posts: 1434
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 1 year ago

RS wrote:
1 year ago
That’s odd...Craig just said things on air that I just posted.
He said things you said in your first post? I'm not watching it. Was it good?
5 x

User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
1 year ago
RS wrote:
1 year ago
That’s odd...Craig just said things on air that I just posted.
He said things you said in your first post? I'm not watching it. Was it good?
I only caught part. But he said items priced for everyone, not just for people with a big disposable income.
6 x

User avatar
Gem Lover
Posts: 2091
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by Gem Lover » 1 year ago

@RS I agree with you and they have been having many high end TLV items. I use to stay up to watch when they first air the TLV and was anxious to see what it would be but lately I have not been going on to see because it seems like every time I would it was a high end item. I think it should be an item that is affordable to everyone or most.
5 x

User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

Gem Lover wrote:
1 year ago
@RS I agree with you and they have been having many high end TLV items. I use to stay up to watch when they first air the TLV and was anxious to see what it would be but lately I have not been going on to see because it seems like every time I would it was a high end item. I think it should be an item that is affordable to everyone or most.
Yes! With the exception of the last few it has either been high end...or prom jewelry on Friday.
It wasn’t that way when I first started shopping here.
5 x

User avatar
Gypsy
Posts: 3993
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by Gypsy » 1 year ago

RS wrote:
1 year ago
Gem Lover wrote:
1 year ago
@RS I agree with you and they have been having many high end TLV items. I use to stay up to watch when they first air the TLV and was anxious to see what it would be but lately I have not been going on to see because it seems like every time I would it was a high end item. I think it should be an item that is affordable to everyone or most.
Yes! With the exception of the last few it has either been high end...or prom jewelry on Friday.
It wasn’t that way when I first started shopping here.
ITA - 😊
4 x

Jo
Posts: 87
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by Jo » 1 year ago

RS wrote:
1 year ago
Lately I have seen a few new TLV’s that seem nice and at a great price point.

Tonight however (and there have been a few of these lately) is another high end piece(s).

In my opinion (if SLC is interested in my opinion) the TLV should not be a high end/high priced item. People who are looking to buy high end aren’t waiting for it to be a TLV. They don’t need it to be a TLV.

A TLV should be the kind of item, the kind of deal that when you see it...even if you had NO PLANS of buying anything...makes you say “Whoa...I need that!” “Hey, what a great deal I love it” “that would make a great gift!”
And you buy it! Impulse buy for a TLV.
A high end item is not normally an impulse buy and it doesn’t need to be.
You cannot and usually don’t talk someone into a piece that is several thousand if they weren’t otherwise in the market or have so much disposable income so that it doesn’t matter.

High end TLV’s also are not offered in quantity because they simply will not be able to sell that many. So why then? Create a TLV you can offer in large quantity and SELL IT OUT!

The little three stone rings the other night? The amber bracelet? The suite with ring, pendant and earrings today?
Those are all great examples of what a TLV SHOULD be.
Let the high end have its place, show it, offer it.
Leave the TLV for great items at great prices.

Okay...that’s it. 😉
So, so true! I have been guilty many times of impulse buying a TLV because of the great price. However, I haven't done it for a long time now. 😔
5 x

Post Reply