The TLV...an opinion...

RS

The TLV...an opinion...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Lately I have seen a few new TLV’s that seem nice and at a great price point.

Tonight however (and there have been a few of these lately) is another high end piece(s).

In my opinion (if SLC is interested in my opinion) the TLV should not be a high end/high priced item. People who are looking to buy high end aren’t waiting for it to be a TLV. They don’t need it to be a TLV.

A TLV should be the kind of item, the kind of deal that when you see it...even if you had NO PLANS of buying anything...makes you say “Whoa...I need that!” “Hey, what a great deal I love it” “that would make a great gift!”
And you buy it! Impulse buy for a TLV.
A high end item is not normally an impulse buy and it doesn’t need to be.
You cannot and usually don’t talk someone into a piece that is several thousand if they weren’t otherwise in the market or have so much disposable income so that it doesn’t matter.

High end TLV’s also are not offered in quantity because they simply will not be able to sell that many. So why then? Create a TLV you can offer in large quantity and SELL IT OUT!

The little three stone rings the other night? The amber bracelet? The suite with ring, pendant and earrings today?
Those are all great examples of what a TLV SHOULD be.
Let the high end have its place, show it, offer it.
Leave the TLV for great items at great prices.

Okay...that’s it. 😉
8 x

RS

Re: The TLV...an opinion...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

That’s odd...Craig just said things on air that I just posted.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
He said things you said in your first post? I'm not watching it. Was it good?
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
He said things you said in your first post? I'm not watching it. Was it good?
I only caught part. But he said items priced for everyone, not just for people with a big disposable income.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@RS I agree with you and they have been having many high end TLV items. I use to stay up to watch when they first air the TLV and was anxious to see what it would be but lately I have not been going on to see because it seems like every time I would it was a high end item. I think it should be an item that is affordable to everyone or most.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@RS I agree with you and they have been having many high end TLV items. I use to stay up to watch when they first air the TLV and was anxious to see what it would be but lately I have not been going on to see because it seems like every time I would it was a high end item. I think it should be an item that is affordable to everyone or most.
Yes! With the exception of the last few it has either been high end...or prom jewelry on Friday.
It wasn’t that way when I first started shopping here.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Yes! With the exception of the last few it has either been high end...or prom jewelry on Friday.
It wasn’t that way when I first started shopping here.
ITA - 😊
4 x

Jo

Post by Jo » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Lately I have seen a few new TLV’s that seem nice and at a great price point.

Tonight however (and there have been a few of these lately) is another high end piece(s).

In my opinion (if SLC is interested in my opinion) the TLV should not be a high end/high priced item. People who are looking to buy high end aren’t waiting for it to be a TLV. They don’t need it to be a TLV.

A TLV should be the kind of item, the kind of deal that when you see it...even if you had NO PLANS of buying anything...makes you say “Whoa...I need that!” “Hey, what a great deal I love it” “that would make a great gift!”
And you buy it! Impulse buy for a TLV.
A high end item is not normally an impulse buy and it doesn’t need to be.
You cannot and usually don’t talk someone into a piece that is several thousand if they weren’t otherwise in the market or have so much disposable income so that it doesn’t matter.

High end TLV’s also are not offered in quantity because they simply will not be able to sell that many. So why then? Create a TLV you can offer in large quantity and SELL IT OUT!

The little three stone rings the other night? The amber bracelet? The suite with ring, pendant and earrings today?
Those are all great examples of what a TLV SHOULD be.
Let the high end have its place, show it, offer it.
Leave the TLV for great items at great prices.

Okay...that’s it. 😉
So, so true! I have been guilty many times of impulse buying a TLV because of the great price. However, I haven't done it for a long time now. 😔
5 x