Stone Mountain handbags today...

Amy

Stone Mountain handbags today...

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Good morning all: Stone Mountain has been around a long time & have usually been rather expensive and good quality. I was looking at all the different selections for the TLV. Under details they say PU leather which means polyethylene treated & not 100% untreated leather. That explains the price. Also I do not like metal zippers as some of them have. The one I like has nylon zippers which I think looks more expensive.

One more thing: how can they expect to sell an item when there is no picture & says “image coming soon”? I would say most people would not buy something they don’t know what it even looks like . If they line them up on the counter & there are 4, the camera person stops at the 3rd one and goes back to the 1st one. This is so aggravating. Does anyone notice this besides me? 🌸
6 x

RS

Re: Stone Mountain handbags today...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I agree about the pics! I just posted.

I did ask the hosts last night and they did confirm the bags are real leather.
2 x

Amy

Hi RS ! I googled PU leather, it explained the difference between 100% leather & PU. I didn’t know what PU meant. The PU doesn’t hold up as long as the 100%, but yes it is still leather. 🌸
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Hi RS ! I googled PU leather, it explained the difference between 100% leather & PU. I didn’t know what PU meant. The PU doesn’t hold up as long as the 100%, but yes it is still leather. 🌸
Ohhh...I thought PU leather was all artificial. Thank you 💞💞
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago

I also heard them 'say' that.
@RS wonder who also asked about strap length??...hmmm😀
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I also heard them 'say' that.
@RS wonder who also asked about strap length??...hmmm😀
🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜😜

Considering Nikki called me by name...hmmmm.....I wonder🤣💞
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS Google PU leather. It is not Genuine Leather. Its considered Artificial leather, made from fibrous pieces of leather scraps that are polyurethaned. Will not hold up like leather. Now that explains the price.
I am so glad I didnt order it.
Btw- i did get lucky.
They had 1 ct diamond hoops, blue or yellow or mixed on the night before, it was $199. They spun the wheel for 50%. And it was $99. I bought the blue one.
I notice yesterday that its 30% off. I was thrilled mine wasnt shipped yet. I was able to cancel it and reorder it.
Sure enough, someone noticed after I snagged it for $70 that they never increased the price back to $199 before applying the coupon. So now its $199 plus 30% off. So I really got lucky.

Anyway, i think shoplc should have put thats its PU leather on on their on air description of the handbag.
Lots of buyers thought they were getting a steal, getting real leather for $39.

Thanks again❤️❤️
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@RS Google PU leather. It is not Genuine Leather. Its considered Artificial leather, made from fibrous pieces of leather scraps that are polyurethaned. Will not hold up like leather. Now that explains the price.
I am so glad I didnt order it.
Btw- i did get lucky.
They had 1 ct diamond hoops, blue or yellow or mixed on the night before, it was $199. They spun the wheel for 50%. And it was $99. I bought the blue one.
I notice yesterday that its 30% off. I was thrilled mine wasnt shipped yet. I was able to cancel it and reorder it.
Sure enough, someone noticed after I snagged it for $70 that they never increased the price back to $199 before applying the coupon. So now its $199 plus 30% off. So I really got lucky.

Anyway, i think shoplc should have put thats its PU leather on on their on air description of the handbag.
Lots of buyers thought they were getting a steal, getting real leather for $39.

Thanks again❤️❤️
1 x

Amy

Leather anything...my last comment on this...

Hi everyone: I’m sure most of you know how to click on “details” to find the specifics of an item. I always read this. Just in case any newbies don’t know, I looked at a genuine leather bag & the details said “100% leather.” PU will be listed in the “details” if not “100% leather.” Just wanted to make sure all the facts check out. 🌸
1 x

Blossom

Re: Leather anything...my last comment on this...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Hi everyone: I’m sure most of you know how to click on “details” to find the specifics of an item. I always read this. Just in case any newbies don’t know, I looked at a genuine leather bag & the details said “100% leather.” PU will be listed in the “details” if not “100% leather.” Just wanted to make sure all the facts check out. 🌸
You are right! Some probably never scroll down & read written description! And it can be helpful💞
2 x