High priced TLV

Gem Lover

High priced TLV

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

What happened to today's leading value being affordable for most people? It seems like since Emit took over they have very high priced TLV's, many of them now are over $300. They do not seem to be much of a value like today's Grandidierite items.
5 x

LisaC2019

Re: High priced TLV

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
What happened to today's leading value being affordable for most people? It seems like since Emit took over they have very high priced TLV's, many of them now are over $300. They do not seem to be much of a value like today's Grandidierite items.
I think the whole idea is to still offer high end but get the customer to think they are paying less by using the budget pay. Just listen to how the budget pay is pushed...i.e. "you can get the ring and matching pendant and only pay $40 a month for 5 months...total for both items is $400. that only works if a customer only purchases a few items at a time. I agree they have forgotten about the customer who may not be able to carry several budget payments a month. I have seen people buy on payment thinking they are getting a great deal and when the bill comes in at the end of the month they might as well be making a car payment. If you can afford then go for it but those that cannot find themselves in debt.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I think the whole idea is to still offer high end but get the customer to think they are paying less by using the budget pay. Just listen to how the budget pay is pushed...i.e. "you can get the ring and matching pendant and only pay $40 a month for 5 months...total for both items is $400. that only works if a customer only purchases a few items at a time. I agree they have forgotten about the customer who may not be able to carry several budget payments a month. I have seen people buy on payment thinking they are getting a great deal and when the bill comes in at the end of the month they might as well be making a car payment. If you can afford then go for it but those that cannot find themselves in debt.
I’ve not seen a shopping channel yet that doesn’t push the budget pay option though.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I’ve not seen a shopping channel yet that doesn’t push the budget pay option though.
Omgosh! All JTV does is push Stretch Pays. I never here the actual price anymore. Im surprised people have a paycheck left after watching for a day the way they push Stretch Pays.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

Omgosh! All JTV does is push Stretch Pays. I never here the actual price anymore. Im surprised people have a paycheck left after watching for a day the way they push Stretch Pays.
When I WAS buying from SLC I only used BP and it was the ONLY place I did/do. Because of all the issues I wasn’t willing to tie up money that was likely needing to come back to me.

Husband ordered something last week and forgot to choose BP. I had to shake my finger at him!
4 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Exactly I'm currently paying for 12 items! :shock:
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not against the budget pay just offering an opinion on why Shop LC TLV's may not be affordable as they were in the past. And yes all of the channels offer some type of payment over time.
3 x