Education

Stevie

Education

Post by Stevie » 4 years ago

I love the education factor that the hosts provide. I crave more!
I get that the program is about shopping but it would be so cool to get a few minute spot about something other than OMG Tanzanite! or Russian Diopside. Shungite I get because of the healing properties but I literally have an involuntary groan when I hear THE MINE IS CLOSED! Sorry, I guess I watch the program too often.
As an example- what is the difference between all black stones-Agate, Tourmaline, Obsidian, Onyx, Spinel are any more valuable than the others...etc... Or what makes different colors of Sapphire?
You have fantastic resources for these little segments in your gemologist hosts. I have to say that I really enjoy Tennar's spots.
All that being said, I do want to thank you for teaching me more than I knew before I started watching Shop LC.
10 x

Topic Tags:

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Education

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! We do have a wealth of gem education at https://www.shoplc.com/education/education-home. We also have articles on https://blog.shoplc.com/, and we have tons of educations videos (some featuring your favorite hosts) at https://www.youtube.com/user/ShopLCTV. We do look forward to hearing everyone's feedback on how we can improve our education materials however! Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
2 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

What is great is when I go to a jewelry store or a jewelry vendor at a street fair or somewhere and because of everything I have learned from Shop LC I rarely receive pushy sales tactics because the seller thinks i know a lot about gemstones! Now if only I can learn as much about automobiles before the next time I have to purchase a new car!
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

The President of Tanzania spent a fortune to build a wall to protect Tanzanite from being sold without the Government profiting. He told insiders he will create a buying frenzy which will increase prices. Shoplc and others are helping him and themselves by putting fear into consumers that the Tanzanite is gone. Same with Russian diopside. When the weather permits, Diopside mines will mine again.
Most upsetting is the hosts using hungry kids to sell jewelry, when their company deduct the meals on their taxes. This morning shawna mentioned over 10times in a few minutes thatwe should buy shoplc earrings to feed hungry kids. I give alot to charity, so im glad, but I watch Shoplc to get away from the News shows which spread fake news and create a toxic environment. From the shows that beg for money for kids, animals, when over 70% of donations goes to the shows profits. Lately when I watch Shoplc, I feel like im watching Jerry Lewis telethon.
Every business gives to charity and get a tax writeoff. None
mention it every couple minutes. The only way I can tolerate the show is on MUTE. Then I could decide if I like an item, versus trying to make me buy it by using hungry kids.
7 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

The radiation on gems like Eudialyte is mild and on Charoite is Barely Dectetable according to a gem site. What ShopLC says about this? Are they safe to wear? Thank you.
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
The radiation on gems like Eudialyte is mild and on Charoite is Barely Dectetable according to a gem site. What ShopLC says about this? Are they safe to wear? Thank you.
Great question. Yes they are safe to wear. Thank you very much for asking!
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
What is great is when I go to a jewelry store or a jewelry vendor at a street fair or somewhere and because of everything I have learned from Shop LC I rarely receive pushy sales tactics because the seller thinks i know a lot about gemstones! Now if only I can learn as much about automobiles before the next time I have to purchase a new car!
That is awesome that your learnings have helped when your out and about!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
But you can! Study! I research almost every new thing I buy ad nauseam. It takes me three months to buy a robo vac, or a pressure cooker, etc. 🤪
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I, too, have gained so much gemstone knowledge from SLC! One night "the man" & I were watching a show from some far away place where they were excavating a site. Someone pulled a blackish stone out & w/thick accent said it was a cabachon. I sounded so professional when I explained what a cabachon was. Of course, something that simple was foreign to me before SLC!
4 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
I, too, have gained so much gemstone knowledge from SLC! One night "the man" & I were watching a show from some far away place where they were excavating a site. Someone pulled a blackish stone out & w/thick accent said it was a cabachon. I sounded so professional when I explained what a cabachon was. Of course, something that simple was foreign to me before SLC!
Thank you for sharing with us!
1 x