What are these gemstones?

Jojo1234

What are these gemstones?

Post by Jojo1234 » 3 years ago

I won both of these rings on the auction but don’t know much about these stones. When I looked up Cherry Citrine, I kept getting hits for cherry quartz. I don’t know if it’s the same and is it a rarer stone? I thought cherry quartz was SLC Natronite.
I have no knowledge of Samon Sorbet quartz- bid on it because It’s pretty.
Can anyone give me some insight, please?
Thanks,
JoJo
6 x

Gem Lover

Re: What are these gemstones?

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

Salmon Sorbet quartz is white quartz and they add color between to clear pieces of quarts, the quarts is real but not the color but yes it is pretty. I never heard of cherry citrine, I have cherry tanzerine also known as Natronite which I love but have not seen cherry citrine at all. Maybe cherry citrine is a typo? What color is it?
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Found a website for Cherry Citrine. 1.65 karat cost 165.00. Oval
6 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

I looked up Cherry citrine on here, maybe it's just a citrine from Brazil. I don't know but it's very pretty. ☺️💗
7 x

Jojo1234

Post by Jojo1234 » 3 years ago

Thank you all for you’re insight! Truly helps me decide.LC shoppers know their stuff! :D
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

As I have said I know next to nothing about gemstones other than garnet. My sister says that cherry citrine is also known as fire citrine. It is more on the red end of the spectrum versus the more orange red that is normal for citrine. The redder the shade the more expensive. She also said she thinks it comes from Brazil so Kat you are most likely right.
5 x