Just dumb...

Blossom

Just dumb...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I know 925 is a hallmark for sterling silver but what is hallmark when the item has platinum over sterling silver? I can't find the answer on my jewelry.
by Eve » 4 years ago
It’s still only going to be Hallmarked .925 Sterling silver.There is no extra hallmarks for it being plated .... if that’s what you’re asking 😊you can usually tell that it’s plated with something if it does not tarnish and is Shinier hope this helps 😊
Go to full post
0 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Re: Just dumb...

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

It’s still only going to be Hallmarked .925 Sterling silver.There is no extra hallmarks for it being plated .... if that’s what you’re asking 😊you can usually tell that it’s plated with something if it does not tarnish and is Shinier hope this helps 😊
0 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Eve wrote:
4 years ago
Yes Eve, thank you! I knew my platinum over silver wasn't marked differently than just siver pieces. Somehow it just seemed wrong not to give credit to platinum if present. Thanks again!
1 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

The platinum over silver seems heavier to
me and the color is much prettier than
sterling silver alone. I really like it. Makes
the jewelry look expensive
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Sterling silver with a rhodium or platinum finish does not require a hallmark. The finish will be indicated in the product description. If no finish is specified, rhodium can be assumed.
0 x