Angelite

Blossom

Angelite

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Does anyone on forum own any Angelite? I was kinda (just kinda) thinking about ordering maybe a ring thinking it might be a complimentary opaque gem to wear with Tanzanite. Decided to Google info first & to my surprise, Angelite (anhydrite) transforms to gypsum if it gets wet. I rarely wear jewelry if I have to pamper so...no Angelite for me! Never heard one single host EVER say anything about care of this gemstone.
3 x

letsshop

Re: Angelite

Post by letsshop » 4 years ago

It is a pretty blue stone, I have a pair of earrings of Angelite, so no worries of getting them wet, as I have read about that as well.
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Blossom I have several rings that were purchased from Shop LC...they are a pretty soft light blue and almost remind me of the blue opal. I also have several other pieces to include a cross purchased from another network and I love all of the pieces.
1 x

Blossom

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom I have several rings that were purchased from Shop LC...they are a pretty soft light blue and almost remind me of the blue opal. I also have several other pieces to include a cross purchased from another network and I love all of the pieces.
Hey Lisa2019, Angelite has recently piqued my intetest but since it seems to be taboo to get it wet, guess it wouldn't work for me. If I had to remove in public ladies room when hand washing I would end up leaving it behind! I do think it's pretty, just wish it were more durable.
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Hey Lisa2019, Angelite has recently piqued my interest but since it seems to be taboo to get it wet, guess it wouldn't work for me. If I had to remove in public ladies room when hand washing I would end up leaving it behind! I do think it's pretty, just wish it were more durable.
You may be correct Blossom...I only wear on certain occasions and find that I am wearing a lot of shungite and black spinel lately. I also wear a couple of my Bella pieces that look like diamonds.
1 x

Blossom

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Hey Lisa2019, Angelite has recently piqued my interest but since it seems to be taboo to get it wet, guess it wouldn't work for me. If I had to remove in public ladies room when hand washing I would end up leaving it behind! I do think it's pretty, just wish it were more durable.
You may be correct Blossom...I only wear on certain occasions and find that I am wearing a lot of shungite and black spinel lately. I also wear a couple of my Bella pieces that look like diamonds.
Love Bella!
2 x

Moderator_Chris_R

Post by Moderator_Chris_R » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Does anyone on forum own any Angelite? I was kinda (just kinda) thinking about ordering maybe a ring thinking it might be a complimentary opaque gem to wear with Tanzanite. Decided to Google info first & to my surprise, Angelite (anhydrite) transforms to gypsum if it gets wet. I rarely wear jewelry if I have to pamper so...no Angelite for me! Never heard one single host EVER say anything about care of this gemstone.
The chemical difference between angelite and the mineral gypsum is the addition of water. For this reason, you will want to avoid exposing angelite jewelry to any sort of liquid, as this can compromise the stone. This information will be updated in our online resources and this Community Forum feedback will be shared with the on-air teams.

Thank you for your feedback, and for shopping with Shop LC!
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I have no idea that Angelite is a delicate gem. I case I buy it. I will be careful with it.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Last one I promise! One last check as I wait for my ride... I have a lot of Angelite and I love it Like my drusy I avoid getting it wet for sure. On some of my more inexpensive pieces I have coated with clear polish (both sides) though this method is not for everyone. To me it is almost indistinguishable from blue opal. Logging off-- they are at my door
3 x