Overkill

Gemsnob

Overkill

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Didnt even have Dionne on for 5 minutes and she mentioned hungry kids 3 times! For Petes sake, thats overkill! Just stop! :roll: :shock: :roll:
8 x

Gypsy

Re: Overkill

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Didnt even have Dionne on for 5 minutes and she mentioned hungry kids 3 times! For Petes sake, thats overkill! Just stop! :roll: :shock: :roll:
Seriously? Once I turned it on & saw the Tanzanite I changed channel...
8 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I'm sure they have no choice but to keep mentioning the program as even the President of the company is in a commercial that also highlights the work with the One For One Program.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I'm sure they have no choice but to keep mentioning the program as even the President of the company is in a commercial that also highlights the work with the One For One Program.
I'm sure you're right Lisa2019. Remembering what someone on YT said, hosts are told (a lot of times) how to keep going on & on & on about something while on air. Guess it goes w/the job (unfortunately for them).
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Mathew 6:4
Exactly!!!!
I would think even if these guys are of a different religion that there would be similar beliefs.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

As I was tuning into the sister channel a few days ago,
they also mention the One for One...... feeding hungry
children in India and the United Kingdom.
Not criticizing, just thought to myself 'why not?'
1 x

MissTeach

Post by MissTeach » 4 years ago

At least it's a good thing they are supporting. I wish they would also consider something medical like "Doctors without Borders" or Children's Miracle Network or maybe (my favorite) St. Jude's. But on the whole, I'm happy with the food programs Shop LC is doing. :)
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I'm not against of donations for the kids. It's a nice gesture, but it's not necessary for them to repeat it every 5 minutes. You can see it on their website and on video. It's like they are forcing you to do it. You help because you want it.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

If you look it up in Google, the ONE FOR ONE program revealed in 2018 that Shoplc is giving 10 cents for every item sold up to a limit. I dont think 10 cents buys a hot meal.
Its great that shoplc gives charity. So do all companies, who then get to deduct it on taxes. I dont see the others sounding like we are tuned to a non profit Jerry Lewis Telethon.
Shoplc is a for profit, and is using our emotional response to hungry kids, to get us to buy their stuff.
For a while they mentioned it less. Now its non stop. To sell their items, the host says, cmon lets get to 100 sold so the Balloons will appear. Then lets get to 200. I think they are forced to do it. Maybe a BONUS 😼
I WOULD HAVE TO BUY 100 ITEMS, for shoplc to donate $10 to ONE FOR ONE.
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

:x What she said.....m
2 x