One for one

Maryg

One for one

Post by Maryg » 4 years ago

I just read that Shoplc only donates .10 to No Kid Hungry. Does .10 pay for an entire meal? Shoplc promotes that each purchase provides a meal for a hungry child. I hope that .10 does provide a meal, but it seems unlikely that this is the cost of an entire meal. I hope I am wrong, but if this is true, Shoplc is dishonest in saying each purchase provides a meal for s hungry child.
8 x

honey

Re: One for one

Post by honey » 4 years ago

There is nowhere in the US a child can buy a meal for 10cents!!!

The hosts are more interested in saying "Release da BAAALOOON'S"
than they are at describing items!
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

ONE FOR ONE stated that Shoplc donates 10 cents per item sold. So, I would have to buy 100 items for them to donate 10 dollars. Also they get to deduct it on their taxes. It great that they give charity, but 10 cents doesn't pay for a hot meal.
6 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

To be honest about it, she should say - "TOWARDS A HOT MEAL
FOR A CHILD" !!!!!!!
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Exactly. There are many charitable contributions to ONE FOR ONE, who then combine the donations to provide school lunches.
Here in America the Govt provides FREE lunch meals for needy kids. In fact they even subsidize lunch meals for kids from middle class homes. I dont know if India has any Govt involvement ??
I just feel its not right to use HUNGRY KIDS to make viewers feel guilty, so they buy Shoplc merchandise.
In some cases it backfires. People tune in to Shoplc to get away from depressing news channels. So when they get bombarded with Hungry kids, they lose their appetite to splurge on stuff. Shoplc loses the sale.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I've been seeing a GrubHub commercial where they ask customers to donate their change to "No Kid Hungry".
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I've been seeing a GrubHub commercial where they ask customers to donate their change to "No Kid Hungry".
Me too. For a couple of weeks now
1 x

lvgirl120583

Post by lvgirl120583 » 4 years ago

This is the disclaimer I just founded on No Kid Hungry's website:
*Shop LC will donate $0.10 for each item sold from June 12, 2018 to June 30, 2019 up to $150,000. Contributions will be used to reach the highest number of children facing hunger in America. Share Our Strength is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

lvgirl120583 wrote:
4 years ago
This is the disclaimer I just founded on No Kid Hungry's website:
*Shop LC will donate $0.10 for each item sold from June 12, 2018 to June 30, 2019 up to $150,000. Contributions will be used to reach the highest number of children facing hunger in America. Share Our Strength is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Yep. They are dishonest.
3 x

TXgal

Post by TXgal » 4 years ago

I think that any contribution is a positive thing. After all, “it takes a village.” The hosts may not be aware of the amount or certainly not the tax benefits, but it’s still a good thing. Just my two cents.
2 x