My personal apologies to Shoplc

CJM

My personal apologies to Shoplc

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I over reacted to a post someone made the other day about the One for One program. I was shocked at what I read and reacted without thinking it through. I may have many issues with Shoplc, but the company program of One for One is not one of them. I think they’re feeding children is admirable and I will continue to support them . My sincere apology Shoplc. People think before you post; I didn’t and I regret it. Emotions can result in ugly words.
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: My personal apologies to Shoplc

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I applaud anyone who gives charity, but using hungry kids to sell their stuff is unethical since they claim they give a hot meal for every item they sell. They should reveal they get to deduct in in taxes. In fact I would have to buy 100 items for them to contribute $6.00. Still better then nothing. But mentioning it soooo many times is just depressing. Actually depresses some of us, from endulging in buying jewelry when kids are starving. I myself give 10% of my income to charities that help STARVING kids in 3rd world countries to get shoes, coats and other things, so they can walk to school, which are usually far away.
2 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I applaud anyone who gives charity, but using hungry kids to sell their stuff is unethical since they claim they give a hot meal for every item they sell. They should reveal they get to deduct in in taxes. In fact I would have to buy 100 items for them to contribute $6.00. Still better then nothing. But mentioning it soooo many times is just depressing. Actually depresses some of us, from endulging in buying jewelry when kids are starving. I myself give 10% of my income to charities that help STARVING kids in 3rd world countries to get shoes, coats and other things, so they can walk to school, which are usually far away.
[/quote
You missed the whole point of my post
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I over reacted to a post someone made the other day about the One for One program. I was shocked at what I read and reacted without thinking it through. I may have many issues with Shoplc, but the company program of One for One is not one of them. I think they’re feeding children is admirable and I will continue to support them . My sincere apology Shoplc. People think before you post; I didn’t and I regret it. Emotions can result in ugly words.
@CJM

We all say things sometimes "in the moment" and realize later how it came across "the wrong way" or "too strongly", etc.

Also, the written word is something that can be misinterpreted so easily. We have no facial expressions, mannerisms, body language, tone of voice, and so on to go by. Just words.

"Communication is only 10 percent words and 90 percent facial expression, body language, voice intonation, rhythm, and touch."

And that's without being online! 🤪

And then add stress, strong feelings on certain subjects, things going on in our lives, words you want to say but can't find a way to express them, emotions, etc.

I don't think I saw your post. I have not been on here as much these past few days, so need to catch up on here.

Remember: We're all just human beings! Imperfect!

And, we've all been there, CJM! 😊🌺😊
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
No apologies needed. We are grateful for your engagement with us and your willingness to share your thoughts with us. We are always happy to help!
3 x