AAA Tanzanite

JustaShopper

AAA Tanzanite

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

OH Wow !
I also ordered AAA tanzanite from the AAA smack-down. I'm kinda nervous now. I know what AAA looks like. It was presented and looked like AAA on TV. I so want to be DELIVERED JOY ! I even called in to Shop LC. and asked if this was natural, unheated, untreated and was told YES it was natural a unheated, untreated Tanzanite. There may be no way to tell if they are heated yet, but in a few years or less they will be able to tell and it will matter in price, I hope it is AAA blue natural uhheated,untreated.

Since I CANNOT reply on this subject it's not locked , it just sends me to a page that says this thread does not exist. I have decided to send back one piece for sure . I ordered a loupe < I hope it's a good thing when look at my SLC treasures
Last edited by JustaShopper 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Lulu

Re: AAA Tanzanite

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Only a small amount of tanzanite is unheated. Almost all tanzanite is heated - especially the ones sold on the shopping channels. Customers should expect it to be heated. It wouldn't be the lovely blue otherwise.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

There is another shopping network that had unheated ones for a great price the other night and they sold out, they said they are rare, shop lc I believe are all heated stones.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

JustaShopper wrote:
4 years ago
OH Wow !
I also ordered AAA tanzanite from the AAA smack-down. I'm kinda nervous now. I know what AAA looks like. It was presented and looked like AAA on TV. I so want to be DELIVERED JOY ! I even called in to Shop LC. and asked if this was natural, unheated, untreated and was told YES it was natural a unheated, untreated Tanzanite. There may be no way to tell if they are heated yet, but in a few years or less they will be able to tell and it will matter in price, I hope it is AAA blue natural uhheated,untreated.
We do apologize for the misinformation provided to you by the agent you spoke with. In the case of tanzanite, these gemstones undergo a heating process. This heat treatment helps draw out the desirable blues and violets that make the stone valuable. You should always expect heat treatment with tanzanite, as the process doesn’t not have any impact on its value.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
JustaShopper wrote:
4 years ago
OH Wow !
We do apologize for the misinformation provided to you by the agent you spoke with. In the case of tanzanite, these gemstones undergo a heating process. This heat treatment helps draw out the desirable blues and violets that make the stone valuable. You should always expect heat treatment with tanzanite, as the process doesn’t not have any impact on its value.
But wait! So then the grading system you use is false. If the stones are heated why aren’t they all AAAA? By the same token isn’t a tanzanite a tanzanite a tanzanite if it is heated to get the desired color.
I am trying to understand here.
Is SLC the only ones who heat treat their tanzanites?
And why wasn’t I told this BEFORE SPENDING $2,0000?!,!,!,! Why don’t the hosts divulge this?
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I appreciate that Stephanie. And yes there are those who cannot access the site but remember too, when the hosts are presenting something that there are only 50 of in total and you want it, the last thing you are thinking of doing is looking on the website to see what treatments may be on the stone.
There is not always time for that because the item is selling out and often the site is down if there is a lot of activity. This is why during the presentations we also need education. Not just about the shortage in this case, or where the stone comes from but everything ABOUT the stone I.e. treatments etc.
Customers deserve the right to be able to make an informed decision.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I just looked it up. And yes, the consensus out there is that the majority of tanzanite stones are heat treated. Only rarely will there be any untreated stones with good color.
Apparently it does not affect the value of the stone but actually improves it by bringing out the color.
I still would have purchased my ring knowing that but would have liked to have been informed upfront.
1 x

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 4 years ago

I don’t understand the Tanzanite grading system either...if it’s heat treated to create richer color then it’s no longer natural color. Only untreated gems should be graded in my opinion
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Lauren wrote:
4 years ago
I don’t understand the Tanzanite grading system either...if it’s heat treated to create richer color then it’s no longer natural color. Only untreated gems should be graded in my opinion
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Unlike some other gemstones, heating is not actually used to alter the grade of tanzanite or enhance the color, but rather it is used to remove the red and brown color that tanzanite appears in it's rough state. Most tanzanite on the market are assumed to be heated and it's hard for a gemological lab to detect if one has been heated or not. That is why the heating treatment is acceptable in the grading process. Thank you so much for being a part of the Shop LC family!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

So then if a tanzanite is graded a high grade after heating does that mean they started with one of a higher grade to begin with?
1 x