Federal Trade Commision

texastim

Re: Federal Trade Commision

Post by texastim » 4 years ago

Again I cannot understand one most important thing. When a person goes to a store and let us say buys an item on sale, originally at $200 and on sale for $100, you get TAXED on $100. Shoplc sale taxes on the $200. ISNT THAT HIGHLIY ILLEGAL?????? It is as like cooking the books and pocketing the extra sales tax money!?
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
How was Christmas for you Catt? Did you enjoy
the day? I’m good at faking it as well but for
Christmas it isn’t fake as in my heart as I celebrate
the birth of Jesus and remember everything he
suffered for us out of his deep love. Bless you and
and your wonderful family 😇💖🎄
Hey, Spooky! 💞

We spent "Christmas" on Christmas Eve with my neice and her family. Lots of great food and desserts! I got to see her and her hubby's two adorable little ones. It was so fun to watch them opening their gifts and playing with both of them.

We stopped giving to each other years ago, meaning the adults, unless we see something we know they really want and it happens to be December. Otherwise we just get it "because."

We're celebrating "Christmas" this Friday here. My twin and also older sister and family.

Saturday my brother and his wife will be driving here from another state for Saturday, Saturday night, and probably stay until Sunday noon. Depends on what kind of weather we have. We're supposed to have snow tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

Very dangerous here because of all the "sand-like" dirt and washes/ravines we have. Lots of muddy water that we've had people drown in while in their cars and trucks. The roads aren't all paved in areas where humongous homes have been built up on the big hills and hillsides. Then there's dirt everyone's tires drag onto the paved streets.
😢

The city does a good job cleaning up and blocking roads, though.

I don't know how I'm going to get through Saturday because today I was soooo exhausted. I guess I hurt my lower back. The muscles are so sore. I rested today and will tomorrow. Then I'll be fine for Friday. After Friday, it'll be worse, because, well...it's my twin and we do get "silly", at least according to my dad!
😂

Saturday I'm going to be hurting!

I tried Aspirin then later Advil. It still hurts, but I'm not bent over, with my hands on my lower back like a 200 year old woman, anymore!

Friday my sis will have my See's Chocolates. That'll help!
😁

I was thinking how distorted Christmas has become from the real meaning. It's a fun holiday, and at least about "giving." I know too that it will never be as exciting to me as it was when I was a child!
😕

How was your Christmas, Spooky?
🌟🐪 🐪 🐪 ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
0 x

texastim

Post by texastim » 4 years ago

Go offline if you want to chit chat about chocolate, etc. It p`s people like me off when we WANT shoplc answers!
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

texastim wrote:
4 years ago
Go offline if you want to chit chat about chocolate, etc. It p`s people like me off when we WANT shoplc answers!
Well.....the forum threads are simply conversations & like and conversation topics will circle around
If you only wish to converse about certain topics then you might consider sending emails or phone calls directly to shoplc concerning your issues or start a new thread because even though we may have shopl issues or concerns this is an OPEN forum and WE CHAT.... about everything that is going on, not just shoplc because friendships have been formed. There's no reason to be p* off
You can skip over the comments you dont wish to read but please dont expect us to stop our conversations.
Last edited by Gypsy 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

texastim wrote:
4 years ago
You overstep. People can “chit chat” about anything they want here.
This forum was provided for just such a reason.

You want answers? Then CALL SLC!

And furthermore, they CAN’T go offline, THIS FORUM is how they met and the only means they have to connect with each other.

And bullying like that p’s people like ME off.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
texastim wrote:
4 years ago
You overstep. People can “chit chat” about anything they want here.
This forum was provided for just such a reason.

You want answers? Then CALL SLC!

And furthermore, they CAN’T go offline, THIS FORUM is how they met and the only means they have to connect with each other.

And taking like that p’s people like ME off.
Exactly !!!!
5 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

texastim wrote:
4 years ago
You have to be careful what you say or you will get so called warning and then you won’t be able to post, comment...
2 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
texastim wrote:
4 years ago
We are so NOT ALLOWED to Be RUDE TO OTHERS HERE!!! You have to be careful what you say or you will get so called warning and then you won’t be able to post, comment...
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Texastim---You are correct on one thing. Sales tax is collected on the price you paid. Not the previous price, not the exaggerated "Estimated Retail Value" or any other mythical pull out of the air price. If you paid sales tax on any amount other than what you actually paid, collect the specifics (order #, Item number etc.) and contact the magical Danielle. Then put in a call to the Attorney General of your state which I assume is Texas. Better yet write them a letter. That should keep you occupied so you can lay off folks who would also like to chat and not just gripe.
This forum is about the only "family" thing left on this website and is the only link we have to connect with each other so-- go kick rocks.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
go kick rocks.
Love that! I use the phrase “POUND SAND” but I may borrow yours from time to time👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
3 x