cant insure for estimated retail price because it dosent say it on the invoice.

sassygirl

cant insure for estimated retail price because it dosent say it on the invoice.

Post by sassygirl » 4 years ago

I have tried to insure numerous items and my insurance company will only insure them for what I paid that is on the invoice.I thought we can insure them for what it will cost to replace it.Thats what you stress on your live TV shows.Im sure Im not the only one who needs the estimated retail price written on each item so our insurance companies will give us the actual value if god forbid something happens to it!!Is there anyone else thats having this problem.I would just like it if it said underneath each item the retail replacement value that you state when you show it!!That would be being transparent and standing by your estimates!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :? :? :? :?
2 x

RS

Re: cant insure for estimated retail price because it dosent say it on the invoice.

Post by RS » 4 years ago

You need to get it appraised. Then your insurance company will cover what the appraisal says. It needs to be an appraisal from a GIA certified appraiser.
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: cant insure for estimated retail price because it dosent say it on the invoice.

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

sassygirl wrote:
4 years ago
I have tried to insure numerous items and my insurance company will only insure them for what I paid that is on the invoice.I thought we can insure them for what it will cost to replace it.Thats what you stress on your live TV shows.Im sure Im not the only one who needs the estimated retail price written on each item so our insurance companies will give us the actual value if god forbid something happens to it!!Is there anyone else thats having this problem.I would just like it if it said underneath each item the retail replacement value that you state when you show it!!That would be being transparent and standing by your estimates!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :? :? :? :?
Good Morning,

Thank you for your post. We deeply apologize that you are unable to use our estimated retail values for insurance purposes. Unfortunately, as they are estimates and not proper appraisals they will be more than likely not valid for insurance purposes. They estimated retail values are just used so you can compare what a similar item may retail for on another retailer. That is also why it is not applied to any invoices, but we can pass along that you would like to see estimated retail values on the invoices. We would recommend taking your jewelry to get appraised any time you are planning on getting that piece insured. Thank you again for your post and being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x