Jadeite

Gem Lover

Jadeite

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Jadeite Jade is another stone sold here that is dyed and polymer filled, the host say it is top quality but if you look online about what is says you will see the it is considered fake jade as they call it. They always show high priced comps but the high priced jade does not have any treatments and again for those who do not know this they are paying a good amount of money for some of this treated jade, it is no different than buying a fissure filled Ruby rather than a just heated Ruby. If you are buying it just because you think it is pretty that is fine but you should know it does not carry a high value.
5 x

Margui

Re: Jadeite

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Jadeite Jade is another stone sold here that is dyed and polymer filled, the host say it is top quality but if you look online about what is says you will see the it is considered fake jade as they call it. They always show high priced comps but the high priced jade does not have any treatments and again for those who do not know this they are paying a good amount of money for some of this treated jade, it is no different than buying a fissure filled Ruby rather than a just heated Ruby. If you are buying it just because you think it is pretty that is fine but you should know it does not carry a high value.
Yes you are right. They are selling C Jade. Just like the fissure filled ruby and sapphire, C Jade is not durable and natural Jade is a strong gem. I may never have a jadeite Jade, but I found a Canadian website that they sell Jade, not jadeite, but Nephrite. When you received the piece you can see the quality of the Nephrite jade. I have an older piece that I bought from the Jewelry Channel, now ShopLC, years ago. I believe that jadeite is treated as well. I will change that stone for a piece of untreated Nephrite jade. Both type of Jade are beautiful. Nephrite Jade is even "musical" when you tap two pieces of this Jade together it has the sound of those wind chimes. That is the why people test Nephrite Jade. I don't know about jadeite. But at least the Shop LC said that their jadeites are dyed.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Jadeite is also tested that way, if it sounds like fine china it is the real deal. I also purchased a Canadian jade bracelet and it is very different than what is sold here.
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Gem lover: I din't know that Jadeite is tested that same way like Nephrite is. Your Jade bracelet is also the real deal. A beautiful Nephrite Jade.

Do you remember the medals from the Beijing Olympics? Each one has a piece of high quality Nephrite Jade.
2 x