Appraisals on shoplc jewelry.

Dragonfly

Appraisals on shoplc jewelry.

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

I haven’t been here for 5 months but I remember a discussion about if shoplc is accurate about their estimated values on items they sell. I went to my jeweler I have gone to for over 35 years and he had a new procedure for appraisals. He said there was so much fraud on colored stones that he added a step— he FIRST sends the item to NY for certification and when it comes back THEN he appraises. So I thought— time to put this to the test and I sent a loose trillion stone and one finished pear shape tanzanite ring. When I Got them back I was quite happy. The 1 k trillion Stone was priced at $872.00 and I paid 149.00 for the Stone. The appraisal said the cut was very good and the color was deep, blue purplish and brilliant. The ring came to $885.00 and was set in silver and zircon. He said the zircon were classified by him as synthetic because they were not diamonds ( I think he should have said alternate or substitute). He said it was a lot of workmanship to have the Stone surrounded in stones and down the side of the ring shaft. If it was just the Stone he said my estimate of $700 for just the Stone was “ about right”. Well I paid less Han 200.00 so I think both items were good buys. The last discussion 5 months ago brought up how things were appraised by Shop LC and some even worried about the stones themselves being real. Shoplc valued that Stone at $600 or so back in late 2017 when I bought it. Either they undervalued it or the price went up a lot. Either way the appraisals support shoplc credibility in this area.
4 x

Gem Lover

Re: Appraisals on shoplc jewelry.

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Right from shop lc themselves said Tanzanite has sky rocketed in the past 6 months.
5 x