It seems to me...

RS

It seems to me...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

That SLC is focusing a lot lately on higher end items. Yet at the same time they are claiming that this is the time to buy holiday gifts. I agree it is time and getting near the end of shopping time.
I venture to guess that most people are not going to be buying high end jewelry during this time of year because they have many people on their gift lists. Not only gifts but there are many other assorted costs associated with the holiday season.
Sure you will get some people buying a nice large gift for that special someone, but likely not a huge percentage.
It is my opinion they should focus on more moderate and affordable jewelry during this time of year. JMHO
9 x

LisaC2019

Re: It seems to me...

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Agreed!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree RS and if someone does want a high end item they can go on the website and shop for it, most people are not going to spend that kind of money on a Christmas gift unless it is a husband or boyfriend buying for their woman.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@Gem Lover

Exactly! The only person that I buy jewelry for is my daughter. She’s 20 and I am not about to give a young college student high end pieces. She and her husband (don’t get me started) need money from us often and she would either pawn it, lose it or it would end up getting stolen. So nope. We are getting her some nice things but nothing like Iliana or Rhapsody.
Only other thing is I want to pick up a bracelet of some sort for my son. Again not pricey because while he wears the occasional bracelet he doesn’t go for the high end stuff.
I am not buying jewelry for my mail carrier, my vet, my hair stylist, my doctor, my neighbor, my housekeeper or blah blah blah...
And hubby apparently has a safe full ready to go...👀🤫
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

All I can say is these hosts have a much, much, much more active social life than I. To hear them talk, they are in a constant state of party going. And they just have to buy for every single person who ever said hello to them. And, while you're at it, buy two! Gift drawer?

Just how many holiday parties does the average person attend?
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
All I can say is these hosts have a much, much, much more active social life than I. To hear them talk, they are in a constant state of party going. And they just have to buy for every single person who ever said hello to them. And, while you're at it, buy two! Gift drawer?

Just how many holiday parties does the average person attend?
You know my husband and I attend galas and fundraiser dinners often and not just during the holidays. I don’t find myself needing new diamonds for each and every single event. 🤣🤣
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Gem Lover

Exactly! The only person that I buy jewelry for is my daughter. She’s 20 and I am not about to give a young college student high end pieces. She and her husband (don’t get me started) need money from us often and she would either pawn it, lose it or it would end up getting stolen. So nope. We are getting her some nice things but nothing like Iliana or Rhapsody.
Only other thing is I want to pick up a bracelet of some sort for my son. Again not pricey because while he wears the occasional bracelet he doesn’t go for the high end stuff.
I am not buying jewelry for my mail carrier, my vet, my hair stylist, my doctor, my neighbor, my housekeeper or blah blah blah...
I have three daughters 25, 29, and 31. I have almost got as much for them! And my sister and cousin!!! Lord I’ve spent too much money over the last 5 years here.... Only higher prices and no not over $100 I’ve got them is their birthstones and a kunzite ring for each..which they will probably forget and wear in sun😬😬😬. I enjoyed buying for them all as much as myself! The first yr was so awsum seeing their eyes and faces as they opened each little box!!!! But they really aren’t into it as much as I... I started collecting the stones after I got hurt for something to do. Then I thought well heck may as well wear them!!??
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Gem Lover

I have three daughters 25, 29, and 31. I have almost got as much for them! And my sister and cousin!!! Lord I’ve spent too much money over the last 5 years here.... Only higher prices and no not over $100 I’ve got them is their birthstones and a kunzite ring for each..which they will probably forget and wear in sun😬😬😬. I enjoyed buying for them all as much as myself! The first yr was so awsum seeing their eyes and faces as they opened each little box!!!! But they really aren’t into it as much as I... I started collecting the stones after I got hurt for something to do. Then I thought well heck may as well wear them!!??

If I had those people to buy for I know I would be for sure! I love buying for others and my daughter loves jewelry. Not as much as I do but I didn’t as much at her age either. I don’t even remember having any at 20 other than a small gold ring.
1 x