Opinions, Please!

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Or gem knowledge...

About Morganite.
1 x

Margui

Re: Opinions, Please!

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Morganite is beautiful. It has a peach/ pink tone. Be careful to expose the gem to the sunlight too much because its color will fade.
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Morganites treatment is permanent. It should not fade in sunlight like Kunzite can. The old mine material, or stones that first came out of the ground, seemed to display more peachy pink. Now, mostly what I see is almost flesh tone. I liked the old stuff much better than what I see now.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

Morganite is beautiful if you get good quality and it is a harder stone so it is safe to wear everyday. It is in high demand and there is only one place left where it is being mined so the prices have gone way up on it. Just be careful when buying it from here, some of it looks tan if it is lower quality. my sister has a beautiful Corta Rosa Morganite that she purchased on the J station and the color of hers is much nicer then the one I got here. The one I purchased looked beautiful on TV but when it came in I was disappointed with it but then again Im sure it depends on the price your paying. Many now are using it as a wedding ring.
4 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

T Y, All for your excellent, informative posts.

I'm impressed with all the gem knowledge..
I'm still " in the learning stage"! ;)
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I didn’t know it was treated. Wow
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Not all morganite is treated. The more peachy stones with a touch of yellow or orange tone to the pink are generally not heat treated. The more pure pinky pink color is almost always heat treated. Some people prefer this color as a pink diamond alternative. Heat treatment is permanent and totally acceptable in the gem world. You would be amazed how many stones receive this treatment!
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
Psst, don't tell anyone, but I don't own real Morganite, I own a Bella simulant, and no one can tell the difference lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x