TIRED OF THE BS -And I haven't been a member that long

Koalakid

TIRED OF THE BS -And I haven't been a member that long

Post by Koalakid » 3 years ago

I just discovered this part of SLC today. And while reading through I was not surprised to see the name Merilee. There are a few others that need 2B on the I can top that MAX BID list. IMO - this option should be disabled. Swarovsky items were mentioned as far as being maxed out by the hogs who think they (Swarovsky) are going out of business. BUT for SLC to let them do this EVERYDAY is a huge disservice to the rest of the customer base. I've read several posts about people no longer bidding and I understand that fully. Look at the max bids for the Bali items. Robin. Sharon. Cyril. Judee - they all enter huge max bids and it is just not fair. Okay, so they have some money but evidently no conscience. WHAT ABOUT FAIRNESS? Anybody else agree?? If nothing else is gained from this post I believe ShopLC needs to limit the dollar amount that bidders filled will avarice put into their max bids. Don't lose sight of the customer base, please.
Here's a suggestion about user names: just assign the name the user used initially. I doubt anyone signed up as "Ya Mama Named You That Really" or "C Bipolar Tendencies Clearly Clinical".
12 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: TIRED OF THE BS -And I haven't been a member that long

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
3 years ago
I just discovered this part of SLC today. And while reading through I was not surprised to see the name Merilee. There are a few others that need 2B on the I can top that MAX BID list. IMO - this option should be disabled. Swarovsky items were mentioned as far as being maxed out by the hogs who think they (Swarovsky) are going out of business. BUT for SLC to let them do this EVERYDAY is a huge disservice to the rest of the customer base. I've read several posts about people no longer bidding and I understand that fully. Look at the max bids for the Bali items. Robin. Sharon. Cyril. Judee - they all enter huge max bids and it is just not fair. Okay, so they have some money but evidently no conscience. WHAT ABOUT FAIRNESS? Anybody else agree?? If nothing else is gained from this post I believe ShopLC needs to limit the dollar amount that bidders filled will avarice put into their max bids. Don't lose sight of the customer base, please.
Here's a suggestion about user names: just assign the name the user used initially. I doubt anyone signed up as "Ya Mama Named You That Really" or "C Bipolar Tendencies Clearly Clinical".
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I have already taken action against some of the users mentioned, but if at all possible please provide the item numbers of the affected listings so I can pinpoint exact which users are overbidding as some of the first names listed are common and we do not want to take action against someone who doesn't deserves it. Thank you again, I hope your day goes well.
2 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

@Moderator Preston. I would like to know what internal changes have been made in order to first, make your bidder name and second the ability to change the bidder name you initially assigned yourself when signing up to participate in auctions. Can you STILL, after all this mess, change your bidder name at whim? Thank you. I look forward to the company' response.
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
3 years ago
I second that, Koalakid. You are right.
3 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator Preston. I would like to know what internal changes have been made in order to first, make your bidder name and second the ability to change the bidder name you initially assigned yourself when signing up to participate in auctions. Can you STILL, after all this mess, change your bidder name at whim? Thank you. I look forward to the company' response.
Good afternoon,

We allow bidders to create an alter any name they choose in the spirit of keeping the bidding anonymous. How ever once we've blocked or inactivated an account they no longer have the ability to until the account has been renewed.
1 x

CRAZY

Post by CRAZY » 3 years ago

shopLC_alex wrote:
3 years ago
CC wrote:
3 years ago
Good afternoon,

We allow bidders to create an alter any name they choose in the spirit of keeping the bidding anonymous. How ever once we've blocked or inactivated an account they no longer have the ability to until the account has been renewed.

GOOD AFTERNOON WELL WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS 3542343 AND THIS 3576942 ALWAYS DOING THE SAME THING. AND ALSO I COULD HAVE ALMOST UNLIMITED LOG ONS, YOU WILL ONLY ABLE TO COMPLETELY BAND IS BY THERE IP :twisted: AS THEY WILL KEEP ON DOING THIS AND MAKE THIS SITE LOOSE MONEY BY ALWAYS HAVE THIS INVENTORY RETURNING OR RECYCLING IN THE SYSTEM ........... JUST MY 2 PLUS CENTS WORTH ........
2 x