All day smackdowns...

Ena

All day smackdowns...

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

All these day-long smackdowns featuring ONE gemstone must've been profitable for ShopLC...

Am I the only one who finds these very boring? It's an instant change of the channel for me....
10 x

Denny98

Re: All day smackdowns...

Post by Denny98 » 3 years ago

If you're into the gem stone they are featuring, it's worth watching. For me, I love Russian Diopside, so I have already found a few items.
Now, I'm not into Opal, so when they have an Opal smackdown I don't watch.
Also, the men's items are far and few between. Men shop too.
Dennis
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Yes, they are quite boring. If you are shopping for several pieces, then it's worthwhile to be able to choose between several different styles. Otherwise, I just shop when my movie has a commercial!!!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Ena wrote:
3 years ago
All these day-long smackdowns featuring ONE gemstone must've been profitable for ShopLC...

Am I the only one who finds these very boring? It's an instant change of the channel for me....
Ah but do not despair!.....the Russian Diopside smack-a-roo ends at 4pm (PST) and then we’re ALL in for a TREAT (or TRICK 🎃👻) because then it’s TANZANITE today and at least some tomorrow!

yippee...
6 x

Dazzler1

Post by Dazzler1 » 3 years ago

I could watch Russian diopside all day if it weren’t for all of the Rhapsody interruptions that go on for hours. Who can afford it?
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Dazzler1 wrote:
3 years ago
I could watch Russian diopside all day if it weren’t for all of the Rhapsody interruptions that go on for hours. Who can afford it?
The thing is about Rhapsody and Iliana...when I am in the market for one of those pieces I go looking for it. I don’t usually buy one when presented. I have...but not normally. Those typically aren’t impulse buys. So to show them for hours at a time appears to me like SLC is trying to coerce the customer into buying.
7 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

Yeah, Tony and Michelle spent 45 min. on an Auqua. It was $3,500. Save these items and have a collectors show for those who can afford them.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah, Tony and Michelle spent 45 min. on an Auqua. It was $3,500. Save these items and have a collectors show for those who can afford them.
That’s way too long. When I am considering a high end piece I take a few looks then “walk away” for a bit. If I forget about it then I really didn’t want it. If it keeps coming to mind that usually means I want it.

I have to be careful around my husband because he is always asking “do you like that?”...all I have to do is say yes (just because I like something doesn’t mean I want it) and he’s hitting the “buy” button.
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Kittycat wrote:
3 years ago
That’s way too long. When I am considering a high end piece I take a few looks then “walk away” for a bit. If I forget about it then I really didn’t want it. If it keeps coming to mind that usually means I want it.

I have to be careful around my husband because he is always asking “do you like that?”...all I have to do is say yes (just because I like something doesn’t mean I want it) and he’s hitting the “buy” button.
Lucky you! Wish I had someone to buy for me! :lol:
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
Kittycat wrote:
3 years ago

Lucky you! Wish I had someone to buy for me! :lol:
He likes to buy things for different occasions that he knows I’ve said I like. He tucks them away. That way it’s easier for him when a gift giving occasion rolls around. I don’t just mention jewelry but that is what he likes to give the most.
2 x