New laptop

Harlequin

Re: New laptop

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

AD:::.... How do you plan on fixing it, the computer when you’re STILL IN BED. TELL ME AERIEL 🤔🤣. It might get done by Christmas 😹
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
AD:::.... How do you plan on fixing it, the computer when you’re STILL IN BED. TELL ME AERIEL 🤔🤣. It might get done by Christmas 😹
Not THAT made my day! 🥰🤣
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@RoseyRuby , since you have the same laptop, I have a question! when i turn it on, there is the desktop with only two icons, the shred bin and the Microsoft Edge. press any key takes me to another desktop which shows favorites. like Shop LC, etc. the first time I saw this there were MSN stories. like the Election and Covid 19. i've used the Toolbar Search for everything to DELETE these old stories, and nothing works! Any ideas?
0 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Are you telling me if you click on the MSN story and hit the delete key towards the upper right of your keyboard they don't delete?
1 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
@RoseyRuby , since you have the same laptop, I have a question! when i turn it on, there is the desktop with only two icons, the shred bin and the Microsoft Edge. press any key takes me to another desktop which shows favorites. like Shop LC, etc. the first time I saw this there were MSN stories. like the Election and Covid 19. i've used the Toolbar Search for everything to DELETE these old stories, and nothing works! Any ideas?
That's weird. And you know, mine did an update 2 days ago. Ever since then, when I turn it on and click on Microsoft Edge, it loads a brand new page, (with the MSN stories and favorites). Nothing is saved from my previous session. I usually leave sites open, instead of searching over and over. Maybe you should call the tech support?
1 x

Harlequin

Sorry I can’t help, still don’t have my laptop set up 🥴😂. Maybe after daughter and SIL get better. What is ??MSN. I PROBABLY SHOULD NOT GET MINE WORKING. I WILL PROBABLY BREAK IT 🙃
2 x

anniebelle

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
Are you telling me if you click on the MSN story and hit the delete key towards the upper right of your keyboard they don't delete?
YES!
2 x

anniebelle

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Sorry I can’t help, still don’t have my laptop set up 🥴😂. Maybe after daughter and SIL get better. What is ??MSN. I PROBABLY SHOULD NOT GET MINE WORKING. I WILL PROBABLY BREAK IT 🙃
Microsoft News. The icons I'm trying to delete are old news stories from last week.
1 x

anniebelle

GOT IT!!! I finally figured out how to delete those unwanted icons. Searched and searched, couldn't find the answer. Hard when you don't know what it's actually called! :lol: when all else fails, go back to what it should be. It's similar to the way it works on my tablet. Press firmly and hold. 3 little dots appear right beside it. Very quickly press the dots. Very, very, very quickly! It offers a choice to rename or delete.

3 gone. 1 remains a mystery. How is it different from the others? Now I have a headache :roll:
2 x

Harlequin

A:...Where do you get the patients?? I would have more than a head ache. Think I will FOR GET ABOUT MY LAPTOP!! OR IT MAY GET THROWN OUT MY WINDOW 😂. How is Milo 😺 my daughter’s cat is ROTTEN BUT LOVING, loves to be with me 😺
3 x