China

anniebelle

China

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Someone recently mentioned they were disappointed that LucyQ is made in China, so is Rachael Galley! I started looking and found that a lot of SLC jewelry is made in China as well as India.

My most recent "J" jewelry is made in Thailand, India, but mostly China!

Who knew! I need to zoom in on Tourquoise, esp Sleeping Beauty!
4 x

Harlequin

Re: China

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:.....JQ stated in earlier comments, that it is less expensive in those countries. If you ask me almost anything and everything is made in China. If it makes it cheaper then I guess I’m for it Don’t particularly care for it. Wonder what the price would be if made in U. S. A. ????
3 x

BTS

Post by BTS » 3 years ago

LC has always been up front with the locations of their factories, including China.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Harlequin

If the jewelry was made in the US or the UK it would be approximately 3 times the price.
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

JQ:... Whoa. T. Y.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

The reason China does it for so much less is because they use child labor and sweat shops which are against the law in most countries.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Gem Lover

Gotta disagree with you on this one Gem. It has nothing to do with child labor or sweat shops. The minimum wage in China varies from $1.52 US/hr to $3.02 US/ hr depending on the region you live in. There, as here, those people making minimum wage are in the poverty category. However, the middle class in that country starts at an income of $11,500 per year. Jewelry artisans make about $5.50/hr, which is solidly middle class. The Cost of Living, (food, clothing, and housing) is incredibly cheaper there than here.
4 x