Item #3702414

Ariana

Re: Item #3702414

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

Last edited by Ariana 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
A smart consumer is an educated consumer.
"Good stones" are never set in 10K. In addition, the price of diamonds is a set value, so to be to the point, if you're not paying much, you're not getting much.
Stick with silver and cz...you'll be happier.
The point is this:

SLC touts themselves as being vertically integrated thus being able to pass these supposedly HUGE savings on to the customer. Passing off junk as high quality is not what is what SLC claims nor what we, the consumers should expect.

Many of us also came here for the convenience, fun and variety.

Pay $400.00 for a silver cz piece?! NOW THAT is NOT an educated consumer.

Can I shop and have I shopped at Tiffany and Cartier and the likes????....YEP. Doesn’t mean I don’t like to shop here as well.

But as I stated above, fun, convenience and variety, along with what SLC says is value and quality. Many of those things are now missing and many of us are still here hoping for those things to reappear.

And let’s not forget when they show these “fabulous, sparkling, eye-clean 🙄” diamonds on t.v. the ones we receive are ANYTHING but. So SLC uses a mock-up piece to show live. And send the shoppers what the item really is. Classic bait and switch.

I think many of us have been burned here with the promise of quality only to be disappointed.

But don’t infer that we are not educated consumers and do not presume to suggest a silver CZ replacement at the cost of $400.00 which IMO is ludicrous.

WELCOME to the forum. 😊
First...I never said I buy at Tiffany's. I buy at the jewelry district on 47th St (right by my apt). I would never pay Tiffany's prices. IMHO...it's a museum.
Second...I was implying that if your budget is $499...you'd be better off buying silver/cz because you'd be getting a nice piece. I never said to use your "$499 budget" on silver/cz.....just that your piece of jewelry of silver/cz at any price would look nicer than an I3 diamond in 10K.
Sorry for not clarifying.
Thank you for welcoming me.
Thanks for clarifying and hope to see you post again! 😊😊
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

DoubleLshopper wrote:
3 years ago
Bubbles usually mean glass.
Bad glass at that.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Ariana

I beg to differ. Jareds, which is a well known, upper end and countrywide jeweler, has an exclusive and extensive line of chocolate diamonds. They carry champagne diamonds as well.
7 x

Ariana

Last edited by Ariana 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
3 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

I agree 100% with what Ariana stated. Most of the jewelry sold is costume jewelry at best.
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
:lol: "Girl don't go away mad, Girl just go away!!!
- Great song. One of my favs. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
WHAT???
1 x

Ariana

Last edited by Ariana 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ariana

Last edited by Ariana 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Ariana

Some of the diamonds here are plain carp. The white ones are the worst!!! Just who do you consider a reputable national jeweler, hmm? I have a champagne diamond bracelet that was appraised for $8,000. And no, it was not an insurance appraisal, and no, it was not from where I bought it at. I will take their word over yours any day as to the value of my gems.
8 x