% off. -. Black Friday

CC

% off. -. Black Friday

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Just wondering, if there is one, what percentage off Shoplc will offer for Black Friday and if it will finally include items on sale or clearance. If so, will it be their standard 25% or 30% ... With all the good sales retailers usually have either in store or online on that day I wonder if they.too are going big to get shoppers on board.to get a big piece of that revenue for that day. I don't remember what, if anything, they did last year , as too busy hitting the major retailers both in person and online.for kids stuff. Just wondering.
3 x

Spooky

Re: % off. -. Black Friday

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Hi CC
I haven’t seen any banners or their version
of advertising stating merchandise will
be so many percentage points off. I think
we’ll have to keep watching in each item
to see how low the pricing will be. Over the last
couple of months, the smack downs haven’t
been what they used to be. The pricing for
say ‘ruby’ would be raised a week or 2 before
the smack down and then smack down price
was what it used to sell for. No real savings
and not worth wasting a whole day watching.
IMO
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Spooky I don't even watch smackdowns anymore. I just don't have patience to see the same thing, just different version or design, all day. Past that. I know the few items I am interested in and I hope they give a good deal. If not, my money will sit in my pocket and the items I have in wishlist will continue to stay in wishlist.
7 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

100% agree!
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I am sorry but I don't care if they are offering 50% off on black Friday I don't have any intentions of buying and waiting weeks to receive my merchandise. At the rate some of the orders have been shipping out it would be after Christmas before the items arrived. I am sure that if they do offer discounts it will be the same old amounts and the items offered will be items that are marked for clearance or did not sale during initial presentations.

The issue with the discounts is that they always never apply to many of the items presented online anymore due to all the exclusions. There was a time when after the auctions you could purchase some items and still get the discounts but now I have noticed the discounts don't apply to any items aired. I have pretty much finished my holiday shopping and I have never shopped on black Friday. I hope for the sake of those shoppers still buying from Shop LC they offer some good deals!
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

I miss discounts on all catalog and clearance items. It will never be the same
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Exactly. It used to be so exciting to wait if an item didn’t sell out on air, they would attach a coupon. We got rewarded for taking a chance that there will be any left, and SLC would get rid of the leftovers. That stopped in July. Plus Most web items are now excluded from the coupons. When they do put a coupon, they increase the starting price, so it’s rarely a true 30% off. Actually in the past, I bought many pieces with a 40% off code. Now, Most things in my wishlist never get a coupon, and so I end up deleting them.
I also notice that SLC raised their prices recently, so JTV etc. often sells similar items cheaper.
The most aggravating is how long we have to wait for the “president to call and give the final price😏it gets sooo boring, I just switch channels.
11 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Exactly. It used to be so exciting to wait if an item didn’t sell out on air, they would attach a coupon. We got rewarded for taking a chance that there will be any left, and SLC would get rid of the leftovers. That stopped in July. Plus Most web items are now excluded from the coupons. When they do put a coupon, they increase the starting price, so it’s rarely a true 30% off. Actually in the past, I bought many pieces with a 40% off code. Now, Most things in my wishlist never get a coupon, and so I end up deleting them.
I also notice that SLC raised their prices recently, so JTV etc. often sells similar items cheaper.
The most aggravating is how long we have to wait for the “president to call and give the final price😏it gets sooo boring, I just switch channels.
Haahaa wait for the president to call. 😂
I'm trying to remember who started that.
4 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

My guess...and it’s only a guess...is 35% off...maybe even 40% off on Black Friday...then 35% off on Saturday and 30% off on Sunday, with special online deals for Cyber Monday! Hope I’m right! 😁🤑💎
4 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
My guess...and it’s only a guess...is 35% off...maybe even 40% off on Black Friday...then 35% off on Saturday and 30% off on Sunday, with special online deals for Cyber Monday! Hope I’m right! 😁🤑💎
Great guess D-Flawless! I was able to cancel a purchase made a few minutes before midnight and save that extra 5%. But should I have waited for the possible 40%? LOL!
Happy Camper here!
Bluez
2 x