Under $10 Friday

William

Re: Under $10 Friday

Post by William » 11 months ago

Hello To Everyone and I Hope You are All well And Have the best weekend you can!!!

Carribean Girl -- I Hope you are OK and I Hope things get better --
I started with the Jewelry Channel just before they morphed into Liquidation Channel
Never bought anything from American TJC but when it changed to Liquidation Channel and things started to change and the BARGAINS Started ROLLING ---Then I got involved TOO!
Carribean Girl is SOOOOOO TOTALLY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I would say the hey day was 2012 to 2018
Mr Lyons as President (Gerald Tempton was a Good Pres TOO before him) Things were different then --- things less costly over all in general -- However -- The DEALS that this place used to have -- OMG Totally CRAZY! I Thought then that there was No Way that that could continue! But it DID --- Until just before the Pandemic -- When Mr Lyons presidency ended --
Everything changed-- Under Ten Friday used to be SOOOOOO INCREDIBLE !!! I could go on for days about the amazing deals that used to be -- sterling silver real gemstones-BIG gemstones - Even exotics! It WAS TRULY a SPECIAL Time -- I am So glad I was around to experience it!
Also ---ONLY 1 host per show -- showing the pieces entirely -- size of stone- tried it on - close up shots - measurements- It was amazing! (It was Only jewelry then)
There was at one time and Under ten Sunday -- Sunday Funday TOO-- believe it or not! --
It was a copy of Friday!

Those days were spectacular !!! my very first purchase was Tanzanite hoops -- for My sister-- Not under ten -- I think they were $40 nice stones and carat weight! I Hope she still has them ! I DID buy quite a lot on Under ten however over those years -- there were a few times ---it was SOOOOO GOOOD it destroyed my budget and I had to eat Ramen noodles for a couple of weeks as I BLEW the money I had!!! There were times that I simply could NOT put Under ten on on the TV -- on Fri OR Sun -- Cause I had NO MONEY left to buy more! & I KNEW I WOULD find MANY things I would want to buy!!! -----------It WAS FUN Though !!! --- Very F U N !!!!

Well --- I Hope you are all well! Thanks All

----------------------------------------------William
4 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 11 months ago

Aww Caribbean Girl I'm sorry to hear about you getting sick like that. You deserve nice pretty little things to bring you joy in the week. I think a lot of people are in your same position. Even the cost of groceries is outrageous!
3 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 11 months ago

Apologies for not including this in my first reply, CG:
If it makes you feel any better, I really don't think Tony's "regulars" are buying every single Saturday. He just likes to appeal to them if product isn't moving. And I hope from the bottom of my heart that those shoppers don't feel pressured to keep spending if it's over their limits at all. People need to cover their necessities and establish security in the future before setting aside funds for the ShopLC joyful fun items.
That all being said, I personally would pay more than the average person to hear Tony Diniz say my name. He better say it slowly though and roll his R's.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

I agree with everything stated. Even last year was better than this year. I spent sooo much money buying gifts for everyone!

@CaribbeanGirl if you can find me elsewhere online I'd be happy to send you a nice gemstone, and tell you where to buy an affordable mount for it for under $10. Might not be as exciting as $10 Fridays but it would be your own personal $10 friday ;)
4 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 11 months ago

It's Fourth of July Preview. At 1:00am, EST, there was no under $10. I sent a live@shoplc email complaining about another bad Friday. What to my wondering eyes did appear but an item under $10? I wonder if they are just throwing in a couple of items to try and stop the complaints because I know I am not the only one complaining.
I have done what Bella suggested about pricing. I emailed live@ shoplc last Friday and suggested raising the price $5-10. Every customer is experiencing inflation. We get it! But, instead of all the repetition of the same items week after week and spending so much time on one item, raise the price! I email every Friday, the live@shoplc seems to work the best. A rep told me not only do the hosts see the live emails but so does management. So, give them a lot to see!
1 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 11 months ago

William,
I used to hear the hosts say your name all the time.
"Oh, there's our William".
It's a shame that Shop LC doesn't stand for Liquidation, or even Low Cost anymore.

It's the company's mantra of: 'Let's Change'.
1 x

William

HI Gulfwaterlady And ALL

Again --- Happy 4th of July to Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gulfwaterlady--- Wow -- that's something that you can remember that !!! -- There were times on Fridays from 2012 to 2018 that I Bought QUITE a bit!!! I also used to send in some compareisons to Katie in regards to things being sold and what a TOTAL Deal it was! I remember that they used to have 1.5 carat birthstone gemstone rings in Sterling--at $9.99 & I would ALWAYS see 1.0 carat rings in silverplate at a big mart store at that time --- on sale at $49.99!!! 5 for the price of 1 !!! I used to be totally amazed!!! (Things were cheaper then overall) Anyway -- Gulfwaterlady -- I DO Hope that you got some good deals for yourself then!!! THANK YOU Gulfwaterlady-----for the shout out !!! I Hope all is well !!!

Also -- Farm Mom -- Again -- THANK YOU for ALL your info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your posts!!!
Also ---- Carribean Girl -- I HOPE You are doing OK!!!! & I Hope you have a terrific 4th of July weekend!!!
Also -- It is nice to see lah2001--- She was gone for a long time -- as well as Lanai!!!
I Hope Gypsy is well--- there is always a nice group here!!! Currently --- & In the past as well!!! So many of the posters from years ago are gone-- Boston Irish is still around --- Hope You are good B.I. !!! Also Bella--Hope You are good -- Bella has been around for a long time!!!

It is GREAT-----to get NEW people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This community ALWAYS Needs NEW people --- But it is also SOO Nice to see those who have been here for a while!!!

There are a lot of former posters I Hope are well and I Miss seeing---some were banned unfortunately --- Anyway --- I Hope Everyone is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -------------------------- William
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

@William

It's always nice hearing stories from "long ago" and back in the day!

And I agree I'm glad to have old forum posters still active to help us newcomers stay aware of things!

William and @Gulfwaterlady I actually had been hearing hosts mention William lately, not sure if it's the same one or a different one. I think it was actually Tony or Ankur trying to call you out to buy something :D
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 11 months ago

I agree with all and even though I know I obviously have usually too much to say, I will try to keep this short. Hopefully things will change for the positive. Try to always remember "Your Current Situation is Not Your Destiny" Hope Everyone has a Safe and Happy 4th of July!!!🎆
3 x

William

Hi Everyone ---& Hi Farm Mom

Farm Mom --- If you heard my name on a friday or tuesday --- it very well may be me!!
If you hear Tony say William --- It is not me --- there IS another William and He is a collector and buys High End stuff from Mr Deniz---But that is not me -- I have heard that also a few times -- when Tony calls out his collectors to notify them of the incredible deal he is presenting--- such as Albert -Donna- Linda-- He has a few that he likes to always name-- & a few times he called out that other William too-- the first time I heard that it surprised me -- but I realised it was another guy! Thanks again for your posts! I Really appreciated the one about the stones losing color! Very Interesting -- and GOOD to be informed!!!

Well -- Again -- Happy 4th to All !!! Thanks All ------------------William
4 x