Is Michele really on vacation?

Gulfwaterlady

Is Michele really on vacation?

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 10 months ago

Michele is supposed to be on vacation. She deserves to be. She has worked so many hours. But, the past few months I saw her just leave her co-host during the show. I have seen her not show up at all. She has been late quite a few times. She pushes the envelope on humor so many times but most viewers like her. But, being dependable is really important in any workplace. I hope she hasn't pushed herself too far.
6 x

joshuatheemerald

Re: Is Michele really on vacation?

Post by joshuatheemerald » 10 months ago

Gulfwaterlady,

I could’ve sworn I saw a post earlier where one of us “regulars” posted that the new Steve made mention on air either today or yesterday that Michelle didn’t show up for the shift or called out? But I don’t see it under any of the recent threads. I agree that Michelle’s on air persona is funny and endearing at times in a folksy sort of way… but also there are times, as you notice, she appears midway through a show or disappears and never reappears. There was one time I was watching I specifically recall that the hosts, I think Katie and and Cheryl, said Michelle and Hunter were coming up next and then Michelle never came on air. Maybe it was a mistake of theirs but I just remember waiting for Michelle to come into the frame and she never did.
6 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Oh please say it isn't so GulfwaterLady and Joshuatheemerald !!!

I am watching right now and Jana just answered a viewers question about Michele, she claims that Michele has been out sick :(
However I have to agree with both of you in what you have seen and read....she has not been herself lately
Really do miss her, I am keeping her in prayer
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

I don't want to be "that person" but I think we are all mulling the thought over in our heads . . .

maybe she's back to drinking? or switched to some other form of coping? The behaviors exibited are class A signs of an addiction . . . I could be wrong. Maybe she's battling cancer (hopefully not), but things are definitely OFF. I would hate to see her leave as she does add a flavor all her own.
1 x

MaeWest1953

@Hi FarmMom......

I believe you are spot on, sadly
Since I have been blessed to never have addictions in my family or marriages I don't know the behavior's of a person who is suffering (except from what I hear on TV talk shows and the like) :(
All I do know is what I see and poor Michele is definitely battling something
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

I did catch new guy saying last night (someone wrote in asking about Michelle) that Michelle would be back Friday . . . Maybe that's when she's scheduled to be back next?
5 x

Leanderlynne

Post by Leanderlynne » 10 months ago

I heard the other day one of the hosts it was either Steve or Hunter who said that she extended her vacation.
6 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 10 months ago

Michele,
I hope nothing any of us have said offended you. I began this thread, so I wanted to say something about this. You say you are like a fungus, you grow on people. You do just that. Granted not everyone enjoys your presentations but no one can please everyone. You are very knowledgeable about gemstones, you bring a smile to our faces and much needed laughter in a world that so desperately needs it. Whatever has caused your abscence, which none of us really should speculate, you are missed. We wish you nothing but rest, relaxation and good health. We hope to see you back on air soon!
13 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 10 months ago

I really enjoy Michele and it says she’ll be back tonight on the schedule. I for one will be so glad and I hope her vacation gave her some much needed and deserved rest!
3 x

MaeWest1953

Good news is that Loretta announced that she is suppose to be back tonight
I can't wait to see her work with Steve, that should be interesting!!
GulfwaterLady......,
No worries....I know no one offended her on this thread
We all love her ;)
0 x