TLV Stun Gun

Lanai

Re: TLV Stun Gun

Post by Lanai » 10 months ago

Mae, Got to agree with you that I do believe if forced to do so I could tolerate listening and watching CC over Matt. Didn't think I would ever say that about CC. Did you hear CC and K talking about dressing in Barbie Pink Clothing tomorrow to celebrate the Barbie Movie, which K was very excited about seeing. I don't get that one but I also don't understand why Retailers evidently have Barbie Adult T-shirts and other clothing items for sale. I find it rather immature and a bit inappropriate. Just my opinion. I do really like Jana though. I think she seems very Professional, Knowledgeable and has a Calm, Down to Earth Demeanor. Looks effortlessly very pretty without overdoing it. I would much rather watch her as a Host as a few of the others, including the one that has been MIA and returned today like everything was normal after several of the other Hosts had spoke about the No Show for shifts after her Scheduled Vacation, Nightowl Princess and Rude, Brash CE. I know I will get flack for saying what I think but it is my truth and I'm not going to beat around the bush just to please others. Everyone has different Hosts that they like or can tolerate and has a right to their own Opinions. Just mine. Have been trying to catch up on Posts and can't follow what started the "Locked Post". Evidently there has been several Posts removed??Can't remember which 2 Hosts were speaking to each other this past week about a possible "Christmas In August" Event. I certainly hope that another Clearance is not planned for next month but I wouldn't be even a little surprised!!!
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

UGH. DON'T get me started on the Barbie movie. What kind of trash is trying to be promoted here? Barbie is a HAS BEEN. Why do a movie now? IT MAKES NO SENSE. Are producers really that desperate that they cannot come up with anything original?

On a different note - @MaeWest1953 what flavor cupcake are we talking here???? I could probably do a red velvet with cream cheese frosting ;D

I don't know . . . has anyone here actually HAD to use a stun gun in an emergency? Did they say how many volts it puts out? My horse's electric fence is off the charts (my tester stops at 7,000) and while it packs a punch, it doesn't even knock the cats down (but they do take off screaming, lol).

I still say your BEST DEFENSE is acting WEIRD. The weirder and creepier you act, the more likely they are to back away slowly and run. Predators only go for the weak and unassuming.
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Agree with you FarmMom on the stupid Barbie movie! I can see Kim being into that. At least the Barbie doll was pretty and Ken was handsome, I can’t say that for the actors that play them!

I did purchase the stun gun and they did mention the voltage output and it was high. I figure if I don’t need it it would make a good stocking stuffer for a niece who was actually held up at gunpoint with her boyfriend fairly recently. They got her phone and purse both were ok though. The times we live in nowadays, awful!
4 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

FarmMom wrote:
10 months ago
UGH. DON'T get me started on the Barbie movie. What kind of trash is trying to be promoted here? Barbie is a HAS BEEN. Why do a movie now? IT MAKES NO SENSE. Are producers really that desperate that they cannot come up with anything original?

I don't know . . . has anyone here actually HAD to use a stun gun in an emergency?
I wanted a stun gun for the offchance I may ever need it. I sometimes like to hike alone, for example, and don't want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere if a creepy person ever came up to me. I also read a lot of true crime, and having a stun gun handy would have helped some of the people I've read about.

As for movie producers being so desperate because they can't come up with anything original--It's been years since Hollywood came up with anything original! That's why I watch independent movies mostly these days. I mean, how many action movie sequels does anyone need? How many endless superhero movies? And the scripts are so formulaic. Not my cup o' tea at all.
4 x

Bella

Lah2001 agree with you on the new Hollywood movies. I absolutely hate anything with CGI effects that just turns me off, it’s fake and looks it! Almost all films have it nowadays. My passion has always been film (even more than jewelry) I have always loved silent movies and the films from the classic hollywood period. My plans after high school was to attend film school in California. I wanted to do film preservation work. Although I took a different path I still love old movies. There is no originality in todays films. Too much violence, action, sequel after sequel and no actors with charisma or talent.(Cary Grant I’m thinking of you) Like jewelry and gems, I do collect old Hollywood film posters and memorabilia.
4 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

Bella wrote:
10 months ago
Lah2001 agree with you on the new Hollywood movies. I absolutely hate anything with CGI effects that just turns me off, it’s fake and looks it! Almost all films have it nowadays. My passion has always been film (even more than jewelry) I have always loved silent movies and the films from the classic hollywood period. My plans after high school was to attend film school in California. I wanted to do film preservation work. Although I took a different path I still love old movies. There is no originality in todays films. Too much violence, action, sequel after sequel and no actors with charisma or talent.(Cary Grant I’m thinking of you) Like jewelry and gems, I do collect old Hollywood film posters and memorabilia.
I'm really into film myself! I took a filmmaking course, and my favorite part of it was editing. Since then I've edited several Adobe Premiere films as personal projects, and I love it. If I were to go into film, it'd be as an editor.

Many movies today don't have the gravitas of earlier films. The writing isn't as good, the direction isn't as good, and, as you say, the actors don't tend to be as charismatic. I prefer foreign movies over Hollywood-produced ones, since the writing seems to be better in general. Although I've seen a number of foreign films that seem to have been influenced by modern Hollywood, which was a disappointment to me. Aim higher, people. :)
4 x

Bella

Film editing sounds like fun Lah2001! I also like an occasional foreign film, and reading subtitles doesn’t bother me. At least when watching a silent or a foreign film you have to be submersed into the movie, I hate it if I’m interrupted it ruins the impact so I have to pick a time when no one will disturb me.

Sorry this thread really went off topic! That dumb Barbie movie started it! LOL
5 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

@GulfwaterLady........

Sorry that we have gone off track from your initial post but hey, I think we are all in agreement that we could use that stun gun on ourselves if we were ever forced to go see that stupid Barbie movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok @Bella....@FarmMom....@Lanai.....@lah2001

You all are cracking me up....
First Lanai, I didn't see C.C. and the wanna be Barbie Ms. K talking about dressing up like the characters
Your Night Owl Princess is hilarious and on point ;) ;)

They are always trying to find ways to impress folks and get more attention, so immature to even want to think about dressing up like that in my opinion
C.C. is a FAR cry from even getting close to looking like Ken and K is even further away from any resemblance to Barble :lol:
He reminds of the dough boy and trust me it's not a good look in what Ken would be wearing
Again his narcissism is overwhelming and out of control !

I am glad to know the rest of you don't want anything to do with such a stupid movie like Barbie
What gets me is the original Barbie back in my day wasn't a blonde, the first one was a Brunette and I had a couple before I loaned them out to a neighbor and NEVER SAW them again

Mattel did make a Blonde Barbie soon after the first one but the Brunette is the icon!
As for the Actors, oh please!!
They are so fake looking with all that fake bleached blonde hair that they look like "AI" figures.....

I am also a person who loves old movies and music, this world can never redo some of the classics....the technology they used back in those days was different (of course) and that is what make them classics
The music in the background, the respect for women, the beautiful clothes, law enforcement, family values etc. in these movies is gone now
Heck, even Mae West had style and grace along with a wonderful wit :)

How cool that you like to do film editing Lah2001....
That sounds like it is time consuming and takes patience but how exciting to know how to do that :)
@@FarmMom ....what cupcakes? my brain isn't recalling this LOL

@Bella ....what does CGI mean?
I know this might sound weird but I could never get into silent movies, they made me nervous LOL
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

@MaeWest1953

the stun gun comment was on point! Cupcakes, you mentioned one of the hosts was a cupcake, lol, it just made me hungry!

I think old movies and old jewelry go hand in hand . . . so much modern versions these days are over the top tacky!
2 x

Bella

Mae, CGI stands for “computer generated imaging” I know not everyone gets into silent movies few do, as a matter of fact I usually don’t tell too many people because they think I’m off my rocker!

Just to let you know I’m a huge Mae West fan as well. I have read many books about her over the years and even dressed up at a Halloween costume contest as her and took 1st place! I had a friend make a white and black brocade gown with a matching parasol (umbrella) I made a huge black and white hat with tons of ostrich feathers, black roses, glitter and a old hair pin. That was a whole lot of fun that evening. Just a note, Mae West had a hand into discovering Cary Grant, she had an “eye” for handsome men.
4 x