I don't get it

lah2001

I don't get it

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

Why does ShopLC often knot between beads when a necklace is inexpensive, but not always when the necklace is very expensive?

If someone is looking to purchase a Tahitian pearl necklace, for example, the pearls in the necklace should be knotted in between. But some of the Tahitian pearl necklaces I've seen on the site are not knotted, even ones with a platinum clasp.

Tony was selling an emerald beaded necklace tonight for over $2.5K that wasn't knotted.

It makes no sense. If the string snaps in that emerald necklace, all of those beads are going to scatter over the floor.
6 x

MaeWest1953

Re: I don't get it

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Hello Lah2001.....

I understand what you are saying but I have never noticed this before cause I figured all of the expensive necklaces that they sell were knotted if they needed to be
So I guess you must have seen something Tony was selling?

I have never seen any expensive ones because I don't watch much of his shows, I am an under $10 gal ;)
3 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

Hi Mae,

I've been looking into their expensive beaded and pearl necklaces lately, and I was surprised that some of them aren't knotted. Yes, Tony was selling an emerald beaded necklace tonight--big beads--and it wasn't knotted. On the site a while back, they were also selling Tahitian pearls in platinum, and they weren't knotted, either. This is pretty crazy.

And yet, many of their lower-priced beaded necklaces are knotted. Makes no sense to me.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

@lah2001

I'm curious now, and glad you brought this up. I don't do too many beads so never gave it a thought about knotted vs non knotted. I'm going to go check my necklaces now as I DO have a select few!
4 x