Packing Part II

LisaC2019

Packing Part II

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I don't remember who posted in a forum about packing and shipping and adding the words "fragile" so that those shipping knew the items inside needed special handling. Well, for the first time ever I received a box today with those words in red on the box. I just wanted to let your know your suggestion was obviously taken into consideration. Even though the label was covered the glass jars items inside the box arrived intact. They were packed in styrofoam and having the additional outside box really helped.
5 x

Cre8tiv

Re: Packing Part II

Post by Cre8tiv » 4 years ago

I've shopped LC since they first came on & their many name changes. My items arrive 99% of the time in great condition. I don't think it's LC's fault. I was in a post office once & the lady in front of me was mailing fragile glassware to London, She told the post Lady & even asked for a fragile label. As soon as the lady walked out the door the postal lady took the fragile box and dropped it into the empty shipping bin from chest height! Not what I would call a good way to handle a fragile box that she knew had glasses in it for an Christmas present! IMO it's the shipping company employees. I even caught a UPS worker sealing up my box! I'm guessing he had opened it to see what was inside. My very well sealed boxes from the big A online shopping always have a corner ripped open, (UPS) this never happened at my old residence. The city that is the shipping hub for all the nearby towns has horrid conditions imo- I've even seen roaches crawl out of a box they just delivered! (I open all packages outside since then) I called UPS after one package was on the grass at the bottom of my 400 foot driveway where anyone could have seen it & taken it. UPS informed me they can leave the package anywhere on the property, it doesn't have to be delivered to the front door! Dhl doesn't deliver here, LC uses Dhl so I'm glad I have to go to the post office to pick up my mostly jewelry LC packages. If I use the $29.99 bundle shipping it does deliver here. The only shipping co I haven't had any problems with in this town is FedEx, just my 2cents
1 x

LisaC2019

Re: Packing Part II

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Cre8tiv wrote:
4 years ago
I've shopped LC since they first came on & their many name changes. My items arrive 99% of the time in great condition. I don't think it's LC's fault. I was in a post office once & the lady in front of me was mailing fragile glassware to London, She told the post Lady & even asked for a fragile label. As soon as the lady walked out the door the postal lady took the fragile box and dropped it into the empty shipping bin from chest height! Not what I would call a good way to handle a fragile box that she knew had glasses in it for an Christmas present! IMO it's the shipping company employees. I even caught a UPS worker sealing up my box! I'm guessing he had opened it to see what was inside. My very well sealed boxes from the big A online shopping always have a corner ripped open, (UPS) this never happened at my old residence. The city that is the shipping hub for all the nearby towns has horrid conditions imo- I've even seen roaches crawl out of a box they just delivered! (I open all packages outside since then) I called UPS after one package was on the grass at the bottom of my 400 foot driveway where anyone could have seen it & taken it. UPS informed me they can leave the package anywhere on the property, it doesn't have to be delivered to the front door! Dhl doesn't deliver here, LC uses Dhl so I'm glad I have to go to the post office to pick up my mostly jewelry LC packages. If I use the $29.99 bundle shipping it does deliver here. The only shipping co I haven't had any problems with in this town is FedEx, just my 2cents
Hello Cre8tiv, thank you for sharing but this post was about how Shop LC responded to a suggestion about shipping out packages that were fragile and adding the label may help when shipping packages. Some on this forum (to include myself) have experienced Shop LC shipping out items, to include glass, in plastic bags with no additional cushioning (Styrofoam or packing peanuts) to help absorb the shock of delivery. I know that packages are tossed and thrown all over the place and that some damage is caused by the delivery company. When I ship I use a lot of packing items to ensure the package gets to it's final destination and I also add insurance just in case. As customers, when a package arrives damaged we have no recourse other than returning for a refund. Unlike some of the other vendors, Shop LC rarely ships out replacements while waiting for the original package to be returned. This causes a lot of frustrations because, a majority of the time, that customer can't get the replacement or size of items ordered.
2 x