Becky Booker

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Becky Booker

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

They better share the tax deduction with our government. In America our government gives free school meals to all needy kids. They even subsidize school meals for kids from middle class families. I wish Slc would help starving kids from third world countries. These kids need shoes so they can walk miles to a school. The kids on the video from India are well dressed and not underweight. Its great that SLC helps them, but the real urgent need is where kids live in a shack, no electricity, no running water or indoor bathroom. If they are lucky enough to go to school, they do homework by candlelight. I give charity towards those kids. The red cross and other organizations need help in those areas.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Shoplc is feeding hungry children. Its their profit and they donate in their name, not mine. I understand how it makes people feel good but it has absolutley nothing to do with me or them. I use my money to donate to whom I choose and its a tax write off if I so choose. I wonder if it is for them?
Oh yes, I am sure it's for them as they just won some type of business award. Then there are the bios that I read and they all use the statement about how many meals were donated under their tenure.
I am going to add up how much money I spent and start adding the same statement to my resume and bio. YES I WILL!!!!
😂😆🤣😅😂🤣😅😆😂🤣😆😂
@LisaC2019 I LOVE IT! That's a fabulous idea! 😊 🥰 😊
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

According to Akshaya Patra's 2018 figures and the current exchange rate, SLC donates approximately 6.8 cents per meal. That should help when updating your resume.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
According to Akshaya Patra's 2018 figures and the current exchange rate, SLC donates approximately 6.8 cents per meal. That should help when updating your resume.
Isnt that a hoot? With every purchase, $1 gets donated but it translates to 6.8 cents in India? Id think $1 would go further there. Whatever. Not my circus. Not my monkeys.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

India's government has an excellent government run mid-day meal program for school kids and they feed 120 million kids. They do it far more efficiently and less expensively than the US.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
They better share the tax deduction with our government. In America our government gives free school meals to all needy kids. They even subsidize school meals for kids from middle class families. I wish Slc would help starving kids from third world countries. These kids need shoes so they can walk miles to a school. The kids on the video from India are well dressed and not underweight. Its great that SLC helps them, but the real urgent need is where kids live in a shack, no electricity, no running water or indoor bathroom. If they are lucky enough to go to school, they do homework by candlelight. I give charity towards those kids. The red cross and other organizations need help in those areas.
I imagine upwards of 90% of the money we spend at Shoplc is going back to India in some form or fashion. Whether or not it lands in a charity is up for debate but the company is an Indian company and they have networks here and the UK because they know we are less picky about jewelry ( dont demand gold and the best gems) and have a lot of disposable income. Shoplc would never make it in an Asian country as they demand high quality gems and gold or platinum. They would never buy the crap selling as Jade.
2 x