Just a thought

Gemsnob

Just a thought

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Has this occurred to anyone? By Shoplc starting this forum, they are keeping everyone here with their complaints instead of out on the internet where new customers would likely read them? Here its damage control. Online they cant do as much about it.
5 x

Lulu

Re: Just a thought

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Well, that is a thought. However, there is nothing stopping the same people from airing their grievances in public.

I had initially thought this forum would be more for discussing jewelry and gemstones rather than complaining. Looks like I thought wrong. :D
5 x

Gemsnob

It does seem to be all complaining. I doubt that's what Shoplc intended, now that you mention it. Lol
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

It has turned out to be almost all complaints here.

And no...I am also certain the original intent was not for this forum to be a complaint board. If you look at some of my early early posts (I have posted a bit here) you can see that myself and others attempted to start lots of different conversations about different subjects including daily life, what’s cooking, other shopping in b&m, etc.

It did morph into complaint after complaint. I think mostly because SLC customers are so unhappy and they don’t want to be. They WANT to continue to shop at SLC but not only are they not listened to, nothing ever changes or improves.

At the beginning the Mods were here daily, chiming in. Now their posts are very few and far between.

I don’t expect this forum to continue because SLC will see that it does not benefit them. In fact, complaints seem to fuel more complaints. Not that they aren’t valid, but people see safety in numbers and when they realize they aren’t the only ones having similar issues they speak up!
7 x

Gemsnob

I think they were trying to copy QVC maybe. Theyve had a community forever. Its a bit of everything with complaints sprinkled in. I guess the atmosphere here is really speaking volumes about those of us that have been with Shoplc for awhile. We like the old days. Amit was at the sister network. I can only guess he is trying to model Shoplc after it.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I think they were trying to copy QVC maybe. Theyve had a community forever. Its a bit of everything with complaints sprinkled in. I guess the atmosphere here is really speaking volumes about those of us that have been with Shoplc for awhile. We like the old days. Amit was at the sister network. I can only guess he is trying to model Shoplc after it.
Perhaps they are trying to emulate the QVC forum model. Big difference though. QVC has a far larger customer base, better quality, better QC, better CS. Better business model. Better management.

If I EVER have a quality issue at Q all I have to do is contact them and they take care of it. No need for all this hoopla and return it, wait and wait and wait. They fix the problem, send a new one. Done.

I even get Christmas gifts from them along with a thank you card. Those small (small to a big company) go a longggg way in fostering good customer relations.

You don’t see the unhappy customer issues there like you do here.
5 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Has this occurred to anyone? By Shoplc starting this forum, they are keeping everyone here with their complaints instead of out on the internet where new customers would likely read them? Here its damage control. Online they cant do as much about it.
I really don't know why they started the forum, and I have actually asked this question here. It does seem to be more complaints than anything else. Maybe they wanted to know how people really feel about their shopping experiences at this network, and they are sure finding out! I won't be surprised if some day I log on and find the forum has been removed.
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I've read the Q's blog from time to time, no big deal
quality issues, once in a while someone gripes about
a host.
I really, really like this forum. I'd say a small fraction
are members. I notice that guests are not logged in,
no telling how many there are.
I love reading everybody's updates. And just from
the number of complaints....I really don't see any
changes either?
3 x

Gemsnob

honey wrote:
4 years ago
I've read the Q's blog from time to time, no big deal
quality issues, once in a while someone gripes about
a host.
I really, really like this forum. I'd say a small fraction
are members. I notice that guests are not logged in,
no telling how many there are.
I love reading everybody's updates. And just from
the number of complaints....I really don't see any
changes either?
I like this forum too. You know whats strange? I use my phone to log on to the website occasionally but mostly use the App. Never has the icon for the forum shown up, ever until yesterday. It was there when I went to check programming because its never the same as on my Directv guide. Its not there today either. If I want to access the forum, I have to do an internet search for Shoplc community and click on that. I havent tried on my laptop. I just wonder if anyone else is having this issue?
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Very true.
But I don't see any active sites out there.
I've ind of been surprised some stuff stays up.
I see something else too that I won't mention yet. (It's a Beetle Juice kind of thing.)
3 x