Gypsy

Re: What happened last night?

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

mavricktoo wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hi @Moderator_Connor

So the thread you removed was not the one regarding RS and another member discussing Cheryl, where RS started the thread for the Mods to see, because she disagreed about what the other member had posted about Cheryl.

That thread is still up.

The thread where we all asked where RS was and if she was okay, to my knowledge, only had us asking how she was?

Why was THAT thread deleted?

The thread where they disagree is still up, albeit with posts missing, I believe?
Maybe you didn't see some of the later posts, to me they weren't in the spirit of the subject/earlier posts. I guess it's not possible to delete individual posts, so the whole thread had to go.
That is true.....I wasnt online and didn't see the later post on the thread. Hard to imagine why the posts would turn mean , that's really disheartening
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Connor

RS's thread was to the Mods. It is on page Five, and is titled:

RS
Re: Cheryl is unbearable - Mod please

This is the thread where there were disagreements.

I don't recall any "bad" posts on the thread asking RS how she was, or anything that violated guidelines? We were all just asking RS if she was okay?
0 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hi @Moderator_Connor

So the thread you removed was not the one regarding RS and another member discussing Cheryl, where RS started the thread for the Mods to see, because she disagreed about what the other member had posted about Cheryl.

That thread is still up.

The thread where we all asked where RS was and if she was okay, to my knowledge, only had us asking how she was?

The thread where they disagree is still up, albeit with posts missing, I believe?
Good Afternoon, Catticus!

Im sorry to hear that other post is up. I do show the 'Cheryl is Unbearable' topic post, and the initial posts discussing between users. After looking it over with our team, we have gone ahead and deleted that topic as well since it too violated our guidelines.

In regards to why the thread was deleted regarding RS, it is because we received reports late last night about hostile language used between users, and our team had decided to delete the thread as the recent posts violated the guidelines. While we could have deleted the individual posts, we did not wish to see the situation between the users escalate and deleted the thread entirely.
2 x

Gypsy

Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hi @Moderator_Connor

That thread is still up.

Good Afternoon, Catticus!

Im sorry to hear that other post is up. I do show the 'Cheryl is Unbearable' topic post, and the initial posts discussing between users. After looking it over with our team, we have gone ahead and deleted that topic as well since it too violated our guidelines.

In regards to why the thread was deleted regarding RS, it is because we received reports late last night about hostile language used between users, and our team had decided to delete the thread as the recent posts violated the guidelines. While we could have deleted the individual posts, we did not wish to see the situation between the users escalate and deleted the thread entirely.
Wow....that is really sad
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Connor

Thank you for explaining! 😊

You too, @mavricktoo 😊

So the post started by Gemsnob asking if RS was okay, got into some comments between members that violated the forum rules.

Wow. The last one I saw was RS in tears and Grizzy comforting her!

So another member or member(s) made comments after that? And it then escalated?

Good Gracious Grief! How awful!

Well, thanks again very much, Connor! I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day!
🥰

P.S. To all my GemFriends, "The Cat" in me is DYING to know what those posts said! Curiosity can not only kill a cat...

It can also drive a cat CRAZY!

😿😾🙀
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Something must have happened late last night. I was up until midnight so it happened after that. The only other thing I could think of is that we were copying comments from the post about Cheryl trying to figure out if they were what upset RS. I thought someone reported them but why get upset over those and not the original? Ugh
2 x

Gypsy

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Something must have happened late last night. I was up until midnight so it happened after that. The only other thing I could think of is that we were copying comments from the post about Cheryl trying to figure out if they were what upset RS. I thought someone reported them but why get upset over those and not the original? Ugh
And I logged on about 3:30am so bad posts were made sometime between those times.....
2 x