No hurt feelings over the big fonts....

RS

Re: No hurt feelings over the big fonts....

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
HAWKINS!

GOMER PYLE SAYS:

"SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
SHAME ON YOU!"
Why, the little thief! πŸ‘“πŸ¦œ

You tell her you're going to call the police next time!

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
WHEEEEEEEEEE..........
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I remember when I first started typing in a chat room I used large font and someone gave me a tongue slashing over it and I did not know why so I asked why they were so upset and they said I was yelling at them. I thought are they nuts how am I yelling at anyone, then someone explained to me that using large font means you are yelling or angry, I had no clue and thought well this is dumb, lol. I told them I was sorry and did not know, some people get really upset over it. When ever I see someone typing in large font I know by what they are writing if they are angry or yelling or if they just do not know what that means like myself and I do not get upset over it.
I had no idea that meant yelling! oh Lord, I'm desperately trying to remember my pasts posts..... I apologize if I yelled in previous posts. I also put foot in mouth too - I'm the biggest faux pas ever...
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
I remember when I first started typing in a chat room I used large font and someone gave me a tongue slashing over it and I did not know why so I asked why they were so upset and they said I was yelling at them. I thought are they nuts how am I yelling at anyone, then someone explained to me that using large font means you are yelling or angry, I had no clue and thought well this is dumb, lol. I told them I was sorry and did not know, some people get really upset over it. When ever I see someone typing in large font I know by what they are writing if they are angry or yelling or if they just do not know what that means like myself and I do not get upset over it.
I had no idea that meant yelling! oh Lord, I'm desperately trying to remember my pasts posts..... I apologize if I yelled in previous posts. I also put foot in mouth too - I'm the biggest faux pas ever...
Dont feel bad, I didn't realize it either, I thought I was just "stressing" a word like when we talk. πŸ˜³πŸ™„
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

All caps is considered "yelling" according to what is now called "Netiquette" (online on a public forum) vs. "Etiquette" (offline in a public place).

All caps hasn't bothered me since the "web" began.

Do you realize we're all able to say what sounds to teenagers the same as this?!?:

"Well...I remember when that first wheel was made..."

"Yep! She was a beaut! Had a lot of kinks ta sort out, but she pulled through fer us!"

🀭

Ha! Let's celebrate this! It's marvelous! It's like being around when they discovered electricity!

I'm PROUD TO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR THE FIRST ONLINE EXPERIENCE!

AND EVEN MORE PROUD THAT I (WE) SURVIVED WITHOUT IT!

INCLUDING WITHOUT CELLPHONES!

WE ARE WARRIORS!
πŸ₯³

Anyway, OtherSideOfTheTracks, it has NEVER bothered me when people used all caps. It's against the rules of forums, including this one, but most take certain things into consideration.

Not to step on any toes, but I think it's ridiculous. It isn't shouting unless we're all sitting here with headsets and talking and listening and someone IS LITERALLY SHOUTING.

Capital letters aren't shouting, to me. They're just letters.

But USUALLY it's just about acting as you would if you were visiting with a group of people in their homes that you sort of know, but you don't know all of them.

Oh, there are some strange rules regarding correct Nettiquete. Some make sense - like taking another person's post and using it elsewhere without their permission for nefarious reasons, etc. "Scraping" it is called, though I'm sure there are a lot of different and newer words for it.

Then add photos and copyright rules, which the government still hasn't been able to regulate. SOME things they have.

Like (AHEM) PRIVACY BREACHES...

**COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH**

There have been MANY MANY lawsuits over things like that. Companies being forced to fork over LOTS of MONEY for privacy issues; due to hackings, bad IT Departments, Loose privacy rules, etc.

But some people just take things toooo far. There are ENOUGH "Ticky Tacky" rules in REAL LIFE, must we be constrained online, too?

I understand the foul, crude or insulting language rules. Those are obvious.

But rules regarding font sizes? If I'm in a group session offline, am I allowed to use a certain pen? Must it be a certain brand? And what about paper?

AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I can't take it! I tell you, I can't! I can't!
There's too many rules!

😰 πŸ₯΅ 😱 🀯 😡 😜 😝 πŸ€ͺ

Well, you feel free to use huge, bold font with me.

All of you!

You can use a different color for each letter if you want! If they offer different style fonts on here someday, feel free to use the styles you like!

I have bigger problems in my life than you typing to me using "bad netiquette!"

Netiquette Smetiquette
Just Go Away
We're SICK OF IT!

πŸ¦‹ 🌿🌸🐝🌺 😊 🌺🐝🌸🌿 πŸ¦‹
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Oh my goodness, I certainly didn’t know it meant yelling or being offensive to others, I thought it was for people like me who can’t see well without my readers. I love the big bold letters because I can honestly see them better. I have been trying to figure out how to get all the big letters and to change the color of the words. I like the picture, OtherSideoftheTracks, I didn’t even know we could add a picture to our profile. I’m way off the loop and definitely not tech savvy, but in my opinion, I love the big bold letters. As I am getting older, my eyesight is going and it helps me seeing bold italics. Keep the big letters coming please, Ginger 🌹🌸
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Catticus- you are a POET and you ALWAYS make me smile & laugh ❣❣❣❣
3 x

Catticus

Ginger wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Oh my goodness, I certainly didn’t know it meant yelling or being offensive to others, I thought it was for people like me who can’t see well without my readers. I love the big bold letters because I can honestly see them better. I have been trying to figure out how to get all the big letters and to change the color of the words. I like the picture, OtherSideoftheTracks, I didn’t even know we could add a picture to our profile. I’m way off the loop and definitely not tech savvy, but in my opinion, I love the big bold letters. As I am getting older, my eyesight is going and it helps me seeing bold italics. Keep the big letters coming please, Ginger 🌹🌸
It's SILLY.

Maybe a person's keyboard is broken; Maybe they have vision issues, Maybe they're on a cellphone and the screen is small?

Not everyone can afford computers for those with low vision.

AND my biggest question...

WHY ARE LARGER FONTS OFFERED FOR OUR USE, IF WE "AREN'T SUPPOSED" TO USE THEM?!?

❓❓❓❓❓❓
5 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

To me, it's only yelling if its large and in ALL CAPS!!!!
1 x

Catticus

Gypsy wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Catticus- you are a POET and you ALWAYS make me smile & laugh ❣❣❣❣
@Gypsy

YOU ARE A🍬 ❀️❗️

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

All caps is considered "yelling" according to what is now called "Netiquette" (online on a public forum) vs. "Etiquette" (offline in a public place).

All caps hasn't bothered me since the "web" began.

Do you realize we're all able to say what sounds to teenagers the same as this?!?:

"Well...I remember when that first wheel was made..."

"Yep! She was a beaut! Had a lot of kinks ta sort out, but she pulled through fer us!"

🀭

Ha! Let's celebrate this! It's marvelous! It's like being around when they discovered electricity!

I'm PROUD TO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR THE FIRST ONLINE EXPERIENCE!

AND EVEN MORE PROUD THAT I (WE) SURVIVED WITHOUT IT!

INCLUDING WITHOUT CELLPHONES!

WE ARE WARRIORS!
πŸ₯³

Anyway, OtherSideOfTheTracks, it has NEVER bothered me when people used all caps. It's against the rules of forums, including this one, but most take certain things into consideration.

Not to step on any toes, but I think it's ridiculous. It isn't shouting unless we're all sitting here with headsets and talking and listening and someone IS LITERALLY SHOUTING.

Capital letters aren't shouting, to me. They're just letters.

But USUALLY it's just about acting as you would if you were visiting with a group of people in their homes that you sort of know, but you don't know all of them.

Oh, there are some strange rules regarding correct Nettiquete. Some make sense - like taking another person's post and using it elsewhere without their permission for nefarious reasons, etc. "Scraping" it is called, though I'm sure there are a lot of different and newer words for it.

Then add photos and copyright rules, which the government still hasn't been able to regulate. SOME things they have.

Like (AHEM) PRIVACY BREACHES...

**COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH** **COUGH**

There have been MANY MANY lawsuits over things like that. Companies being forced to fork over LOTS of MONEY for privacy issues; due to hackings, bad IT Departments, Loose privacy rules, etc.

But some people just take things toooo far. There are ENOUGH "Ticky Tacky" rules in REAL LIFE, must we be constrained online, too?

I understand the foul, crude or insulting language rules. Those are obvious.

But rules regarding font sizes? If I'm in a group session offline, am I allowed to use a certain pen? Must it be a certain brand? And what about paper?

AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I can't take it! I tell you, I can't! I can't!
There's too many rules!

😰 πŸ₯΅ 😱 🀯 😡 😜 😝 πŸ€ͺ

Well, you feel free to use huge, bold font with me.

All of you!

You can use a different color for each letter if you want! If they offer different style fonts on here someday, feel free to use the styles you like!

I have bigger problems in my life than you typing to me using "bad netiquette!"

Netiquette Smetiquette
Just Go Away
We're SICK OF IT!

πŸ¦‹ 🌿🌸🐝🌺 😊 🌺🐝🌸🌿 πŸ¦‹
[/quot

@Catticus - I always enjoy your posts so much for your wit and colorful way you express it! You say what I think too! When I see a thread and you were the last person to post, I’m clicking that thread to see what you say! I always have a smile on my face when I read your posts and see your emojis!

I’m a proud old boomer that used the MacIntosh in my climb on the corporate ladder fresh out of college. Then I remember the clash with the IBM PC and going on job interviews for my next gig and it was IMPORTANT to know BOTH systems or you didn’t get the job. Of course, the marketing departments and the rest of the company were at computer tug-of-wars to keep the Mac vs IBM. Then I worked for a company where the main computer room was like a sanitized hospital room, locked and you wore a LABCOAT to enter the room and it was like a freezer - but it had HUgE big box computers whizzing softly....you knew something BIG was going in those computers! Lol!

I’m proud to have earned my age and really glad to have witnessed technology entering the realm of reality just a short time ago! I’ve been through so many upgrades/updates and models - I cant keep up.

I just wish I had an IT guy/girl to call when my computer is on the blink like when I worked in an office. I always made sure, back then, to be on best terms with the IT folks! Yes, I was savvy enough to KNOW I needed them and was glad to take them to lunch often - so when my computer was out of whack - I was first in line! Lol

Look forward to your next post @😻ticus!
4 x