They are sending the wrong pendant

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: They are sending the wrong pendant

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I still believe the 1.81 ct exists, but they made a mistake offering it for $99. They had a mixup on the item numbers and thought they were offering the smaller one. I am fighting for the bigger one, but if they claim they had a typo in the ct weight, how can I prove otherwise ??
These diamonds were bought by I think his name was Seraj ? He buys in New york from companies liquidating or going out of business. He was on air with Nikki and heard Nikki say its 1.81 ct. he even commented that he cant believe shoplc is only charging $99. So obviously he bought that size.
I will wait to get it and then decide what to do.
I really appreciate everyone caring so much.
Will post after I see it.
Thanks again 🥰
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I still believe the 1.81 ct exists, but they made a mistake offering it for $99. They had a mixup on the item numbers and thought they were offering the smaller one. I am fighting for the bigger one, but if they claim they had a typo in the ct weight, how can I prove otherwise ??
These diamonds were bought by I think his name was Seraj ? He buys in New york from companies liquidating or going out of business. He was on air with Nikki and heard Nikki say its 1.81 ct. he even commented that he cant believe shoplc is only charging $99. So obviously he bought that size.
I will wait to get it and then decide what to do.
I really appreciate everyone caring so much.
Will post after I see it.
Thanks again 🥰
Its like I said, we now have to record everything we watch in case we buy something and this happens, that way we can go back and take a screen shot or photo to prove what happened. Its not like they will watch the tape.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Knowing everything that we know about SLC, the untruths, bait and switch, intentional refund delays - and all the other gripes we have - I'm afraid Vicky that SLC will not honor your purchase for the larger diamond. If they do, I would be thrilled but shocked. I hope they do...but please be prepared if they don't. But I sincerely hope they will honor your purchase.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Hi OSOTT,
Thanks, but I think you are right. They are offering me 25% off. They dont get it. I know that they showed the larger one on air, but made a mistake offering it for $99. They usually charge about $149 for 1 ct diamonds. This was almost 2 cts. They didnt realize that 3 of their diamond hearts had the same item number, so they offered the largest one “ BY MISTAKE”.
I bet their cost was about $99.
When they realized their error, they switched the order to the smaller one. They didnt realize that most of us take a snapshot of everything we order. I have shoplc confirming the order on the 1.81ct diamond heart for $99.
I am not vindictive. I knew there was a problem when 3 size diamond hearts had the same item number. But Preston the Moderator assured me I will be getting the 1.81ct.
Until today, when she was informed they shipped the 1.35ct.
I even offered to take the on air sample. I want to give it to my daughter who can “USE” a large size heart right now.
They cant admit to what happened. If they had to honor all the orders, they stand to lose alot of profit.
The fact that they are offering 25% back sort of speaks for itself.
I am really disappointed. Want to fight it. I will see what arrives, before I decide. I certainly am not interested in $25 back. I have a REASON to want the larger size heart I was supposed to get. It would really cheer up my “baby girl”.
To me my kids will forever be my babies.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Vicky, you are definitely on the right side of this. SLC offered a product and you purchased it. Fair and square. You had nothing to do with their mixup of item numbers. I would never ever think that as you "fight" this - (and I WOULD fight for it and go to BBB and other complaint websites) - that you are doing so for vindictive purposes, you are not. Fighting for your "Rights" as a consumer who did nothing wrong is not vindictive. You purchased this diamond heart for important and personal reasons that are valid to all of us - all day long. Never apologize for purchasing then fighting for the right to RECEIVE what you purchased.

$25 is insulting really as it's worth more losing the heart diamond than $25. Remember when SLC offered, a very good customer, RS, a $10 credit for them cancelling the kyanite ring that she had her heart set on but missed out when SLC's software glitched and the purchase wouldn't go through?Then through customer service, they found one (there's more to this part I'm just fuzzy on the details), but anyway, finally she was able to purchase it. Then SLC cancelled it. Then offered her $10 for the trouble. RS had spent a lot of time on this purchased with phone calls and such, and of course, SLC got to keep her money for a week or so as refunds take forever. I thought that $10 to RS was pitiful. They did her wrong too.

I don't blame you for fighting it - I would fight it without shame! "Honor" <<<<< that's the key here. SLC should send you the diamond heart that you bought, fair and square, end of story, because that's the HONORABLE thing to do.

Vicky, I wish you success in this and that you get the heart you want. Please keep us updated!
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky, you are definitely on the right side of this. SLC offered a product and you purchased it. Fair and square. You had nothing to do with their mixup of item numbers. I would never ever think that as you "fight" this - (and I WOULD fight for it and go to BBB and other complaint websites) - that you are doing so for vindictive purposes, you are not. Fighting for your "Rights" as a consumer who did nothing wrong is not vindictive. You purchased this diamond heart for important and personal reasons that are valid to all of us - all day long. Never apologize for purchasing then fighting for the right to RECEIVE what you purchased.

$25 is insulting really as it's worth more losing the heart diamond than $25. Remember when SLC offered, a very good customer, RS, a $10 credit for them cancelling the kyanite ring that she had her heart set on but missed out when SLC's software glitched and the purchase wouldn't go through?Then through customer service, they found one (there's more to this part I'm just fuzzy on the details), but anyway, finally she was able to purchase it. Then SLC cancelled it. Then offered her $10 for the trouble. RS had spent a lot of time on this purchased with phone calls and such, and of course, SLC got to keep her money for a week or so as refunds take forever. I thought that $10 to RS was pitiful. They did her wrong too.

I don't blame you for fighting it - I would fight it without shame! "Honor" <<<<< that's the key here. SLC should send you the diamond heart that you bought, fair and square, end of story, because that's the HONORABLE thing to do.

Vicky, I wish you success in this and that you get the heart you want. Please keep us updated!

⬆️ DITTO ⬆️ DITTO ⬆️ DITTO ⬆️❗❗❗❗
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I would be so angry, they should honor the larger one, that is what you ordered and that is what it says period! What they are doing is against the law! How many times when they play their stupid price games have we heard them give a price and than the host says they made a mistake and it slipped out wrong, than the other host say's well you said it out loud now we have to honor that price, It is no different, they should the larger for the lower price they should send you the larger one, it is not your fault or problem that they have the same item number on 3 different items and if they do not give you the one you ordered I would call consumer protection and anyone else who will listen and do something for you.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I would be so angry, they should honor the larger one, that is what you ordered and that is what it says period! What they are doing is against the law! How many times when they play their stupid price games have we heard them give a price and than the host says they made a mistake and it slipped out wrong, than the other host say's well you said it out loud now we have to honor that price, It is no different, they should the larger for the lower price they should send you the larger one, it is not your fault or problem that they have the same item number on 3 different items and if they do not give you the one you ordered I would call consumer protection and anyone else who will listen and do something for you.
Thats exactly right! All the other "mistakes" were bull*hit! Now they make a real mistake and dont want to make it right. Maybe all that crying wolf finally caught up with them. Im really disgusted with this place.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Something else I'm disgusted with? I can't find a thing I want to buy! When they offered the 35% coupon (should be 50% so close to Valentines and missing the arrival date of the 14th), I started searching for something to purchase. I looked high and low. But all I found was the same old, tired designs just different stones. And a lot of the tired designs seem more for a young person. SLC is losing not only customers for having bad business practices, I think they are missing sales by not being current by changing designs and keeping it fresh. I ended up not buying anything.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Something else I'm disgusted with? I can't find a thing I want to buy! When they offered the 35% coupon (should be 50% so close to Valentines and missing the arrival date of the 14th), I started searching for something to purchase. I looked high and low. But all I found was the same old, tired designs just different stones. And a lot of the tired designs seem more for a young person. SLC is losing not only customers for having bad business practices, I think they are missing sales by not being current by changing designs and keeping it fresh. I ended up not buying anything.
I agree. After a while the designs start looking the same.
4 x