Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

bluez

Re: Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Frankly, many of us arent on FB because of intolerant, unkind people like you. We all are women. Youd think we could support each other instead of tear each other down. Congratulations! Bet you feel good about yourself.
[/quote]

I'm not a fan of the personal chatter either. But can't we find a nice solution. Maybe create a new category to share personal messages. No need to sling mud, let's work together.... play nice!
bluez
Last edited by bluez 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

bluez wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Frankly, many of us arent on FB because of intolerant, unkind people like you. We all are women. Youd think we could support each other instead of tear each other down. Congratulations! Bet you feel good about yourself.
Showing tolerance again?
I'm not a fan of the personal chatter either. But can't we find a nice solution. Maybe create a new category to share personal messages. No need to sling mud, let's work together.... play nice!
bluez
[/quote]

The threads do have titles.
7 x

Gemsnob

bluez wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

bluez
[/quote]

Thats the point, dont like the title, scroll on by. And.....its a forum for socializing. Read titles and click on what interests you. Geez. Its not rocket science.
9 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

To Colljoe. There isn’t one person in this group of people who, if you needed a shoulder to lean on, would turn you away. I for one have never used FB/Twitter. Here is a place you can share your thoughts about personal experiences or just talk about jewelry or our experiences with this company. I find it refreshing. Like some have said, if it makes you uncomfortable, don’t read it. It’s what you choose to make of it No one here is going to change just because you don’t like it. Welcome to the forum.
14 x

Gemsnob

Definition of a forum- place, situation or group where people exchange ideas or discuss topics.

No where does it says "exchange IDEA" or discuss "TOPIC". I think someone doesnt understand what a forum is. No where does it say in guidelines (or definition) that the only thing to be discussed are Shoplc, gems and jewelry. These ARE discussed but the magic about forums are the friendships and bonds formed. Its unfortunate that it bothers some people. You can avoid the titles that dont interest you OR maybe join in and find out you have something in common and we arent bantering about stuff that is unimportant.
12 x

Gemsnob

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
bluez wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

bluez
Thats the point, dont like the title, scroll on by. And.....its a forum for socializing. Read titles and click on what interests you. Geez. Its not rocket science.
"personal chatter"?
Im not a robot. I sure hope my chatter is personal! With the way things are going at Shoplc, the best thing about the forum are the women Ive met here. Of course its personal.
12 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
I find your comments very rude & uncalled for. We have formed tight friendships here & give encouragement, hope, prayers, just lending an ear & helping each other in whatever way we can. I’m sorry but these forums are about more than gemstones, please skip over what you don’t like. I don’t do Facebook because it’s much drama, this is a safe haven for all those that needs it & I will not apologize for it whatsoever. I lost my 74 year old Mom yesterday unexpectedly to a massive heart attack. It was out of the blue, I am blessed to have my friends here that I can rely on in my time of need & they can rely on me in their time of need. I’ve lost both parents now in a year, life is very hard & talking about our problems helps us deal with things. My Mom’s funeral will be Wednesday & visitation on Tuesday. This will be one of the hardest days of my life & I am proud of my strong friendships with these beautiful kind hearted women. I hope if you’re ever in need, we can help you, but I won’t ever apologize for sharing my problems on here, it helps me cope & others too, to know their not alone. So please think about your words before you post anything like this that you know nothing about. I wish you a blessed day 🙏🏻
17 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Colljoe, if you've never experienced loss or difficulty in your life or if you've always received the sympathy/empathy from those near you, that's great! Sometimes people need an objective opinion & that can be found here because we do not know each other personally. Or just a kind word from others that cannot be found except from those here on the forum, without judgment.

If you should ever find yourself in need of kindness/compassion & can't find it within your own circle, you can find it here because we have formed a caring bond & would not exclude you. That's the kind of group this is & we are not breaking any forum guidelines.💞
11 x

lvgirl120583

Post by lvgirl120583 » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
I find your comments very rude & uncalled for. We have formed tight friendships here & give encouragement, hope, prayers, just lending an ear & helping each other in whatever way we can. I’m sorry but these forums are about more than gemstones, please skip over what you don’t like. I don’t do Facebook because it’s much drama, this is a safe haven for all those that needs it & I will not apologize for it whatsoever. I lost my 74 year old Mom yesterday unexpectedly to a massive heart attack. It was out of the blue, I am blessed to have my friends here that I can rely on in my time of need & they can rely on me in their time of need. I’ve lost both parents now in a year, life is very hard & talking about our problems helps us deal with things. My Mom’s funeral will be Wednesday & visitation on Tuesday. This will be one of the hardest days of my life & I am proud of my strong friendships with these beautiful kind hearted women. I hope if you’re ever in need, we can help you, but I won’t ever apologize for sharing my problems on here, it helps me cope & others too, to know their not alone. So please think about your words before you post anything like this that you know nothing about. I wish you a blessed day 🙏🏻
Oh Ginger, I'm so sorry for your loss.
12 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Obviously a newbie has posted who has no idea how unique our group is. In these times, when we are loved or hated based on personal BIASES, we have come to care about each others issues, even though we KNOW NOTHING too personal about each other such as Race, religion, education, working, or unemployed, retired, political affiliations, wealthy or even Gender.
What We have in common is most of us have been with shoplc for years, made many hundreds of purchases from here. We obviously love Gems, our SPECIAL attachment to what shoplc used to be. Of course we have in common our HOPES we get our beloved SLC back as it was.
I feel some of our observation and complaints since the Forum began, has influenced some positive programming changes already👍
On the other hand, How many other companies assign Moderators to help us with issues related to our purchases from SLC. Others have customer service only — no comparison to Danielle and team.
This is a open forum. If it upsets you, I’m sorry. Hope you find a forum more to your liking.
Maybe one day you will understand this venue when you need to vent anonymously to others about shopping mishaps or other woes in your life, and you can do it in these forums that will HEAR YOU, maybe give their take on it, Without judging you.
12 x