Washington Virus Update

Blossom

Re: Washington Virus Update

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Thank you all my dear friends! I feel "perked up" already.

@Catticus

I am so glad you are still enjoying the lotions (when you can arm wrestle them away from mom). I told you they are the best there is.

I think I must be the adopted triplet, as I too wear tunics outside and not always with pants. Usually only after dark or before sunrise, but once while outside during the day I could not resist picking dandelions out of the front yard. One led to another and so on. After about half an hour my roommate dashed out the front door and said "While I admire your efforts here please keep facing the street because 'Moon Over Miami' is now on the playlist." Talk about em-bare-a**ed!

@Blossom

Love your car story. I have one similar but without the Marvelous Marvin. I was going to the Prom with my cohort from the mascot kidnapping incident. I had been to the hairdresser's earlier to have my waist length locks curled and put in ringlets atop my head. I said no ratting and not too pouffy. Three hours later get home, look in the mirror and a blonde Marge Simpson is staring back at me! Hastily I comb it out and re-pin my hair, none too securely atop my head. I have only minutes to don my custom made dress from my great Gramma the tailor. My date picks me up in his Volkswagon bug. We go to the dance and on the way home decide to take the long way around scenic drive. We were laughing so hard at a joke he had made that he lost control of the car and went into a very deep ditch. In the middle of nowhere we both hop out and manage to struggle the car back on the road. In the process I tear my dress and my hair is in total disarray. We race to my house as I am now late for my curfew. I am met and the door by my Grandparents and well...bet you can guess what kind of reception I got!

@RS

Kids sure have their own interpretation of language. After a hard day at the escrow office I would often come home with my pantyhose pooled around my ankles. My daughter would say "Mommy, your wan*les have winkles." She also insisted on calling ears earballs. She reasoned that there were eyeballs and so we had earballs too. How do you argue with that logic? (Boy they censor the weirdest stuff)

I love the riddles and jokes. Thank you so much. So now my favorite joke of all time. A little risque but so be it.

There was a shy and reserved young man who was enamored of a rather brash, cynical girl who had been around the block a time or two. He finally worked up the courage to ask her out. She accepted. Wanting to make a good impression he showed up at her door with a dozen red roses. She immediately declared "I suppose now I will have to lay on my back for a week with my legs in the air!" Puzzled he responded "You don't have a flower vase?"
JQ, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You're a treasure...
Beyond measure!!🌹
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

-
Awesome--I can always count on encouraging words from you dear heart.

Further update--As of a couple of hours ago the confirmed WA cases are 162. OOPS-- Breaking news just said 236! I haven't been watching the news in self defense but they broke into my programming just now.

On a brighter note some doctor on Tameron Hall said you can make homemade hand sanitizer from aloe vera gel and alcohol. Do tell!! But she did bring up a good point that you CANNOT use regular vodka in place of the rubbing alcohol. 100 proof vodka is only 50% alcohol (I thought everyone knew this but apparently not) so it is insufficient for this purpose. Some vodka company even put out a tweet about this so I guess quite a few people are making their own. You should have at least 65% alcohol in your recipe. Keep in mind that if you live in a climate that is regularly 70 degrees or warmer your alcohol percentage can be diminished from what is on the bottle. Basically if you don't know what you are doing beware of the effectiveness of your bootleg sanitizer.

If you all don't hear from me (fat chance!) it may be because my internet access has been spotty all day, so do not worry.

Love ya!!!!
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen What kind of lotions do you make? I buy so many different creams and lotions, disappointed with most of them. My curiosity is piqued.
2 x

JewelryQueen

@anniebelle

I have been making lotion for over 35 years. It started out because my sisters are all so sensitive to store brands that they could not use them. Mine are all natural (well recently I have been adding 1% preservative and antibacterial to extend shelf life and combat user contamination-other wise you could eat them). Generally I use things such as glycerin, sunflower seed oil, lanolin, aloe vera juice, sweet almond oil, sandalwood oil, vanilla fruit extract, etc.etc. for the base lotion. Then I add scent like orange oil, lemon, rose, lavender oil, etc. and natural colorants. I sometimes make custom lotions if people have specific allergies like omitting the lanolin if they are allergic to wool. I have never sold them but made for family and friends only. I have been bartering base lotion for lavender oil from a local lavender farm as it is so expensive and she has the best oil available.

It is silky, fast absorbing, healing and I think it is the best lotion on the planet. No jive.

I find I can no longer keep up with the expensive of giving it away (one of my sisters just got 12 bottles a little while ago and is asking for more!) so I am considering selling it on a limited basis.

Probably more info than you wanted, but there it is.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Anyone up for a bad virus riddle?

What's the difference between the bird flu & the swine flu?

One requires tweetment & the other oinkment. :?
πŸ˜… :lol: Great joke, Blossom!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hey all! Been out all day, thinking of youπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

As soon as I got home I made my own sanitizer. While we do have quite a bit at home NONE was available in town...at all. People have apparently been buying it to resell at a huge profit 😑😑😑

So I made my own. Aloe Vera gel (they were all out of that too but I have a 32oz bottle) and isopropyl alcohol at least 66%. Mine is 90.
They say to add essential oil like tea tree but I cannot because it is toxic to birds. Check for other pets if you decide to make this and use an oil.

So just two ingredients. Go make someπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen Thanks! I'm quite impressed. I wouldn't have ever considered trying to do something like that. WOW!!!!
2 x

JewelryQueen

RS

You got it right on! The oil is just to make it smell better? different? whatever- it is not necessary and I don't use it either.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
RS

You got it right on! The oil is just to make it smell better? different? whatever- it is not necessary and I don't use it either.
Well tea tree oil is antibacterial but its mainly for scent.
1 x

JewelryQueen

-
Yeah, lavender oil is antibacterial as well but I don't use it in this either.
1 x