PHEW!

Catticus

Re: PHEW!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote: ↑
4 years ago
:shock:
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
3 x

Catticus

Angelflutter wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I would think the same thing too. I'm not sure which type of mask you are talking about and too lazy to look it up. I do know that those little thin rectangular shaped masks are not recommended. You know... the kind you find in doctors offices or at the check in desks in emergency rooms. This is because of the large gaps on the sides that will let germs in. If you are going to get a mask.... Wal-Mart has some good masks in their paint department.... any hardware store or Home Depot will carry this type of mask. These are more * and just cover your mouth and nose. They have a little metal strip above the nose area that you can press down around your nose for a better snug fit. I am not a doomsdayer, but you can bet.... I WILL be wearing that mask when I need to go out. Mom has severe COPD, still haven't figured out what is going on with hubs... but he is so weak and sick that I don't want to take any risk. If there is anyone out there that can provide more insight / suggestions please inform us. Stay safe everyone. Angelflutter
@Angelflutter

I just looked at A to see the different types of N95s. They have washable ones and disposable ones and some that can be worn for a longer length of time than others. You are right. The "f i t" is better than those that doctors wear.

Some were not expensive at all. Some were sold out, but those were called the "fashionable" ones.

I guess I wasn't aware that these masks were now a fashion statement?!?
😷🀩😷

I hope your husband feels better soon and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
πŸ’žπŸŒΈπŸ’žπŸ¦‹πŸŒΊπŸ™πŸΌπŸŒΊπŸ¦‹πŸ’žπŸŒΈπŸ’ž
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago
3 x

Catticus

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
I'm not at all surprised. Figured it out quite awhile back.
But I will say this...

I cannot stop laughing!
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
3 x

Blossom

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
I'm not at all surprised. Figured it out quite awhile back.
But I will say this...

I cannot stop laughing!
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Guess I haven't figured it out. I'm confused...thought we had all moved on.
4 x

Catticus

Remember the not wanting to post because RS "didn't like this member"? I knew then that Harleys can affect the brain if one is not careful while riding one. Even after the "apology", I knew Harleys could make you fall "OFF."
3 x

Blossom

4 years ago
Remember the not wanting to post because RS "didn't like this member"? I knew then that Harleys can affect the brain if one is not careful while riding one. Even after the "apology", I knew Harleys could make you fall "OFF."
Thank youπŸ’ž
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

4 years ago
πŸ‘
3 x

Catticus

βœ¨πŸ•ŠπŸŒŸπŸ•Šβœ¨
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--
Ladies, ladies, ladies. First I don't think anyone is calling anyone crazy, or stupid for that matter.

There are masks and there are masks.

The most basic masks looks like you pleated a paper napkin lengthwise. This is best worn by the sick person. It keeps the LIQUID (mucus, phlem, snot) THAT IS CARRYING the VIRUS from being being projected a long distance from the sickie when they cough or sneeze. If YOU are wearing one of these and an infected person sneezed onto yours mask it will keep the fluid out, but the virus has already been delivered to you. As it is not fine enough to filter the virus out-- you are toast. But Catticus you are right: if reminds you not to touch your face it may be worth it if it keeps you from touching your face.

The next step up is basically the same mask with a thin metal or plastic strip on the top portion over the nose. This is to make it fit better and to keep out more particles like paint spray or smoke particulate. It also keeps LIQUID IN better because if a person sneezes hard enough the lesser mask will often "balloon" out and allow the liquid to project outwards. Most of these are not dense enough to keep out a virus, as viruses are incredibly small. They also often gap at the bottom. These would be an even better reminder to not touch your face since they tend to stay in place and you are not constantly fiddling with them or adjusting them.

The Caddilac of face masks looks like a mini muzzle for humans. They are usually solid plastic with air holes in the "snout" part and a rubber seal around the outside to seal it to your face, and are easy to sanitize after use. They come with replaceable SUPER FINE paper filters. These are rated 95-100 with 100 being the best obviously. Some health providers even use yet another paper filter over the outside of these. They can be hot and mighty uncomfortable to use for any extended period of time.

Does this help any with the great mask debate?
3 x