Programming

SueB

Re: Programming

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
SANKUM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What in the heck is SANKUM?

Is it like that stuff I remember from the 1970's that was instant coffee called SANKA?
☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️
🤔 😯 🤔 😯 🤔 😯 🤔 😯
☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ ☕️

I remember Lena Horne doing a commercial for Sanka. She sang:

A CUP...A CUP...A CUP...A CUP...A CUP!
SANKA AND MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶

Well that couldn’t have been what 10yrs ago?! Hush 🙀🙀🙀😹😹😹
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

😂🤫🤣🤫😆🤫🤣🤫😂🤫🤣🤫
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

All I remember is my Grandma drinking Sanka....always! I remember that brown and orange jar in her cupboard.
Ghastly stuff 😖

Sankom are bras and shapers! 🤣
3 x

SueB

I wish my grandmothers had been here when I started shopping was the the liquidation channel!!!! One had lotta jewelry and the other not so much...Jenny and Ruby respectively... I would have loved to buy them some nice stuff and they would have really liked!! Well made myself cry ugh
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
I wish my grandmothers had been here when I started shopping the liquidations channel!!!! One had lotta jewelry and the other not so much...Jenny and Ruby respectively... I would have loved to buy them some nice stuff and they would have really liked!! Well made myself cry ugh
❤️🥺❤️
2 x

Catticus

RS wrote:
4 years ago
All I remember is my Grandma drinking Sanka....always! I remember that brown and orange jar in her cupboard.
Ghastly stuff 😖

Bras and shapers? Well, who'd have guessed! The name sounds like a toy for kids to play with in the bathtub or a pool!

Soooooo...what are the guys' doing while this is on?! Watching sports, I guess.

I'm not a huge sports fan. I'll go to a game, but only if I can bring a friend to talk to and joke with!

We used to do that at Angel's games. Each of us gals would bring binoculars. We'd then play a game we called "Find The Person". You pick out of the crowded stands someone who looks just enough like either a celebrity from long ago or now, or a teacher or owner of a business we all knew, etc., even if the similarities are really not that close. But you choose also by their clothing, hats, etc.

We each always managed to find someone, and you tell the others when it's your turn "Okay...look for...Carol Burnett" or "Jim Backus, but as Mr. Howell" or "Truman Capote", etc. They could ask which section of seats.

We had such a blast! The first time we went, when the game was over I turned to one of the guys in our "group" and said "Oh, is it over? Who won?"
🤣

Well, I'd rather watch sports on TV than Sankom! 😖
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ghastly stuff 😖

Bras and shapers? Well, who'd have guessed! The name sounds like a toy for kids to play with in the bathtub or a pool!

I'm not a huge sports fan. I'll go to a game, but only if I can bring a friend to talk to and joke with!

We used to do that at Angel's games. Each of us gals would bring binoculars. We'd then play a game we called "Find The Person". You pick out of the crowded stands someone who looks just enough like either a celebrity from long ago or now, or a teacher or owner of a business we all knew, etc., even if the similarities are really not that close. But you choose also by their clothing, hats, etc.

We each always managed to find someone, and you tell the others when it's your turn "Okay...look for...Carol Burnett" or "Jim Backus, but as Mr. Howell" or "Truman Capote", etc. They could ask which section of seats.

We had such a blast! The first time we went, when the game was over I turned to one of the guys in our "group" and said "Oh, is it over? Who won?"
🤣

ANGELS!?

I grew up with my daddy taking me to Dodger games! I only went to be with him and to have those frozen chocolate milkshakes. Remember those you would eat with the flat wooden spoon-thing. The shake was good but the spoon was like licking a chalkboard...shudder.....😖

I would watch people too! I was there one time at a World Series game (I was in high school) and without binoculars I spotted my boyfriend alllll the way across the stadium. Before the days of cell phones I managed to find him!
3 x

Catticus

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
I wish my grandmothers had been here when I started shopping was the the liquidation channel!!!! One had lotta jewelry and the other not so much...Jenny and Ruby respectively... I would have loved to buy them some nice stuff and they would have really liked!! Well made myself cry ugh
Oh, Sue! I'm so sorry! I miss my grandma and grandpa soooooo much! It's so difficult, I know!

😢 🌸 🌼 💗 💜 💗 🌸 🌼 😢
2 x

SueB

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Oh, Sue! I'm so sorry! I miss my grandma and grandpa soooooo much! It's so difficult, I know!

😢 🌸 🌼 💗 💜 💗 🌸 🌼 😢
Oh it’s ok because I probably made you all cry too sorry!!! Many great memories!!!
1 x

Catticus

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ghastly stuff 😖

🤣

ANGELS!?

I grew up with my daddy taking me to Dodger games! I only went to be with him and to have those frozen chocolate milkshakes. Remember those you would eat with the flat wooden spoon-thing. The shake was good but the spoon was like licking a chalkboard...shudder.....😖

I would watch people too! I was there one time at a World Series game (I was in high school) and without binoculars I spotted my boyfriend alllll the way across the stadium. Before the days of cell phones I managed to find him!
I remember those wooden tongue depressors - er I mean spoons! 🤣

You found your boyfriend WITHOUT binoculars?! WOW! That's sort of a once in a lifetime thing! 😯

Once when we had our trusty binoculars, my sister said while looking way across to the other side of the field, "I think that girl sees me looking at her through my binoculars with HER binoculars! I'M GOING TO WAVE TO HER!" We we're howling thinking "OHHHH PULEASSSSSE!"

Well, my sister put her hand up and gave the girl a wave and the girl with her binoculars put her hand up and waved back! My sister said "SHE'S LAUGHING, TOO!" So we gals all waved to her and she waved again. It was so funny and so fun!

I sure miss those days.
3 x