Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
What is this “scanning for new channels”? Just curious 😀
It's for customers who use an antenna to pick up local over the air channels in their area, instead of using cable or satellite to receive TV programming.
Ahh..gotcha 👍🏼

Haven’t used an antenna since I was a kid, that’s what there was in those days. And back then I guess scanning was dad on the roof moving it? 🤣
BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!
OH THE MEMORIES THIS BRINGS BACK!

😅😂🤣😆🤣😂😅😂🤣😆🤣😂
1 x

RS

Re: So sad...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

It's for customers who use an antenna to pick up local over the air channels in their area, instead of using cable or satellite to receive TV programming.
Ahh..gotcha 👍🏼

Haven’t used an antenna since I was a kid, that’s what there was in those days. And back then I guess scanning was dad on the roof moving it? 🤣
BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!
OH THE MEMORIES THIS BRINGS BACK!

😅😂🤣😆🤣😂😅😂🤣😆🤣😂
So true right?! 🤪🤣
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

LOL, nowadays they are much smaller. Mine is a flat, thin panel, about 8" x 11" that I have attached to an outside facing wall. It has a line that plugs in to my TV. :) Definitely much easier than having to go outside and twist about a big pole and waiting for someone to scream "STOP!!!" once the channel is clear!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Or stand with one hand in the air and their leg wrapped around their other leg all while facing south with their tongue hanging out!
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
LOL, nowadays they are much smaller. Mine is a flat, thin panel, about 8" x 11" that I have attached to an outside facing wall. It has a line that plugs in to my TV. :) Definitely much easier than having to go outside and twist about a big pole and waiting for someone to scream "STOP!!!" once the channel is clear!
Or stand with one hand in the air and their leg wrapped around their other leg all while facing south with their tongue hanging out!
0 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

You should buy a Roku stick, you can get shop lc on it. Two of my daughters use just those instead of cable and if you purchase Hulu on it you can watch almost everything you would with cable. The shop lc app on the Roku is free, the Roku stick that you plug into your TV with the remote is $17.00 and if you choose to buy Hulu it is $5.00 a month. The Roku is only the $17 and it is yours and you pay nothing else for it, once you get the Roku stick it has a crazy amount of free channels to watch too and it also has the free JTV app as well as the shop lc app and that way you can watch it live on your tv, you just need internet to use it, I love it, I use it even though I have Direct TV, If I lose the satellite I have my Roku to watch as back up.Just google Roku stick and you will see they sell them in many places including Walmart, that is wear I got mine and no I did not wear my robe, lol. :D :D :D
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
You should buy a Roku stick, you can get shop lc on it. Two of my daughters use just those instead of cable and if you purchase Hulu on it you can watch almost everything you would with cable. The shop lc app on the Roku is free, the Roku stick that you plug into your TV with the remote is $17.00 and if you choose to buy Hulu it is $5.00 a month. The Roku is only the $17 and it is yours and you pay nothing else for it, once you get the Roku stick it has a crazy amount of free channels to watch too and it also has the free JTV app as well as the shop lc app and that way you can watch it live on your tv, you just need internet to use it, I love it, I use it even though I have Direct TV, If I lose the satellite I have my Roku to watch as back up.Just google Roku stick and you will see they sell them in many places including Walmart, that is wear I got mine and no I did not wear my robe, lol. :D :D :D
We bought a few of those Amazon fire sticks. We have four smart TVs in the house and our daughter recommended those. My husband, who is very tech savvy and great with home entertainment, could not get them to do what he wanted. He was so frustrated he packed them up and returned them. Our son bought one for his tv upstairs when he is here and loves it. My husband just said he’d rather pay for the satellite rather than want to throw the remote!
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

RS the roku stick is very easy to use, if I can do it he should be able to, lol. I have both directv and I use my roku stick. I love it if my satellite goes out in bad weather I can still watch tv.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
RS the roku stick is very easy to use, if I can do it he should be able to, lol. I have both directv and I use my roku stick. I love it if my satellite goes out in bad weather I can still watch tv.
Well maybe that’s different than the Firestick. I will check them out...thanks!
1 x

Grizzy

Post by Grizzy » 4 years ago

We use a fire stick so I’m wondering if maybe the fire stick is outdated? Is that possible?
0 x