Lies, lies, lies, ye-ah!

Bella

Re: Lies, lies, lies, ye-ah!

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

So spill the beans! I don’t like playing games.
2 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 7 months ago

Good morning Bella.....

Trust me, I don't like playing games either
If I could message you I WOULD ;)
Bummer because we are not allowed to get contact information so I hope you will eventually see some changes here
I won't say anymore cause I don't want any problems....
0 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 7 months ago

SO I was watching last night, making dinner as usual and it was late, approx 8-9pm. The male and females hosts presenting were making comments as they do, but PLEASEEEEE, if you don't REALLY KNOW about something, DON'T TRY TO PRETEND YOU DO.

The ring presented was NOT an asschur cut. Female host kept saying it was. The all knowing male host didn't bother correcting her either. Now I don't know the "correct" name for the cut, but I would describe it as a "fancy octagon" cut, or a "modified fancy octagon cut". I mean you COULD REALLY BS the cut name, "fancy modified brilliant octagon cut"... even that I would take. Asschur is a NO. The EARRINGS were asschur cut, heck it was even in the name on that one.

But the icing on the cake was the male host (who "cuts all types of gemstones and cut all Turkizite over 1ct according to him) talk about cutting styles and why they are done.

BRAVO! LETS HEAR MORE!

Nope.

For someone who LOVES to talk and brag about his work, he really fell flat on the explanation. Almost like (*gasp*) he really doesn't know.... he STARTED to talk about baguette cuts. I got excited, there is NOTHING in the world prettier than a nice tourmaline in a baguette! Please go on, lets talk about cuts and how they affect a gem's beauty!!

Nope. He just pandered about on how "with a baguette cut, the stone has to be twice as dark as normal because it's cut much thinner and light passed through faster . . .

MASSIVE FAIL. I had HOPED he at least knew THAT MUCH. I had HOPED I might learn a new small nugget of information. All I learned is that he has NO IDEA.

What he said is only PARTLY true. It CAN really fade out a gem . . . IF you don't know how to cut it correctly. A GOOD gem cutter KNOWS WHICH DIRECTION to cut. Gems all have a color axis, some have one, others two and others three. Depending on which direction to orient the gem, will determine what colors you ultimately see. That's why CUT on a tanzanite is SO IMPORTANT. You can have the cleanest, bluest stone, but if your cutter doesn't take the time to determine the correct orientation and is only cutting for carat weight, then you lose half the beauty.

Why are tourmalines cut into long bagguettes? Because that's how they GROW, and it also allows their pleochroic colors to flash better. Depeding on the angle, a indicolite might look tourqoiuse, or deep navy blue or minty green. A poorly cut one will only look navy with lighter navy.

While we are here, lets talk turkizite. Of course they say it's "all the same stuff". Have you SEEN the OTHER STUFF? ** NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME*. The REAL stuff looks like the world's prettiest sphene! OMG, I will definitely be getting some for my jewelry designs. SO STUNNING. It doesn't need crazy lighting, just walk outside, or walk inside. Like REAL quality alexandrite it changes by natural or artificial light. It shows a stunning array of colors just on it's own too.

PS Female host:
plopping colored sheets under a stone does NOT make it color changing. That optical effect is called "reflection". If you shine a longwave UV light at something white, it doesn't "color change" to blue. It's REFLECTING the blue light. Whoever taught you this needs a good thump on the head. Research the science of color change and stop the gimmicks.

Also, according to the Zultanite website, there are TWO shopping channels that sell the REAL stuff. They are listed at the bottom on their site.
3 x

Bella

PPS since I don’t do Facebook, instagram etc messaging is out, but my conclusion is you either work for Shop LC or know someone who does. Frankly I could care a less. If not why all the mystery and subterfuge? Do you think you’re about to become the catcher of all things bad on the forum?

Either way, you and Gemfarmooon can have at on the forum because you all are the only ones who seem to post. I’m done with the drama.
1 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Bella,

Gosh in no way are we those people you are thinking, far from it :cry:
We are REGULAR members who come to this forum a lot and enjoy your posts and see eye to eye with so much of what you say :)
I just have joined recently to join in the fun to stay in touch

Trust me, I am a fan of what you and others have to say :)
You can see what I write is not trying to start trouble
I saw that GemfArmooom is a newbie too and a coincidence
Seems like some are missing though and some posts :(
4 x

Bella

PPS nothing personal and you may be right, but things on the forum have been strange lately to say the least. I think I’m overdue for a time out. You have a blessed day.
3 x

GemfArMooom

Bella wrote:
7 months ago
PPS since I don’t do Facebook, instagram etc messaging is out, but my conclusion is you either work for Shop LC or know someone who does. Frankly I could care a less. If not why all the mystery and subterfuge? Do you think you’re about to become the catcher of all things bad on the forum?

Either way, you and Gemfarmooon can have at on the forum because you all are the only ones who seem to post. I’m done with the drama.
Bella, I gave my horsies a hug for ya :D :D :D
3 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Hello GemfArmooom,

That is a cute message you gave to @Bella
I sure wish I could ride horses but I am afraid of heights :cry:
They are such beautiful animals and I bet yours are pretty

Can I ask, how many "horsies" do you have and do you live on a lot of acreage where they run around?
0 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 7 months ago

@ROLLTIDE @BELLA
DITTO .
2 x

GemfArMooom

@colljoe

Glad to see you are still here. I don't remember if it was you or another who knew JQ and GS and still talk to them, but let them know they can easily rejoin. Since things have been re-coded it's all changed.

Do we by chance have a head count of how many got deleted recently?
2 x