Re: And it gets worse!

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Disgusted wrote:
4 years ago
So disgusted with Shop LC. Just made another purchase at JTV.
I always wondered about JTV. How's the quality of the items?
Regarding JTV, the thing Ive learned to stay away from are their close outs. Their item numbers start with "DO" as in DOC, DOK. I have found that they lose stones. Ive read reviews online and others experience the same thing. Ive been shopping with JTV for 21-22 years buying jewelry and collecting gemstones. Ive even made rings, earrings and pendants with their castings. They dont sell as many loose gemstones as they did in the past. When Ethiopian opal was first discovered, JTV sold it in rough form before anyone else carried it or had it faceted or in jewelry. I have a few pieces of rough opal. Dont ask me what I will do with it as I dont know how to facet or cut gems but its pretty to look at.

JTV loses stones too? I tend to have that problem with SLC and I’m not rough with my rings or necklaces. I’ll be sitting there at my desk and notice a stone fell out. I don’t know why they aren’t noticing the prongs before they send their stuff out. My mom has also lost stones in our rings. It’s disappointing since the gems are really beautiful and most local jewelry stores can’t match the stones :/

And as far as collecting rough pieces, I have them all over my house. They’re beautiful to look at so even if you don’t cut them, they make great conversation pieces!
1 x