Its Saturday Good Morning

Catticus

Re: Its Saturday Good Morning

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Blossom

God Bless You, for this reply. I am serious.

I always knew we were alike in many ways. You just made me feel soooooo much better.

Your descriptions of things regarding your closet are absolutely hilarious! But they're helpful, too!

And yes, I feel the same way...it is my personal space. My ONLY personal space here.

They have no clue and never will, how much more pressure they are placing on me when they complain. I mean, it really makes me feel sooooo much worse than I already do. But they'll never "get it." They never have, and they never will.

It's a complicated situation, that doesn't need to be.

I'm saving your post to re-read for whenever I'm feeling bad about certain things, like my room.

Gads, I really wish we all lived closer!

Love you, My Awesome Blossom!
πŸ’žπŸŒΈπŸ’—πŸŒΊπŸ’—πŸŒΈπŸ’ž
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Boy. Do I relate 🀯I buy things from shopping channels, especially from shoplc for over 40 family members including kids. I buy for Birthdays, holidays, graduations, etc.
As much as I give, there are soooo much more I am waiting to give. My huge dresser drawers are overloaded with the Jewelry. They share space with my unmentionables etc.
The more I give, the more I buy. Other rooms are filled with them too. The only good part is my family are known for having many beautiful pieces.
Their friends want to know if I can please adopt them.
My joy is making my family happy.
I just received a 3ct Diamond bangle from Shoplc. It is stunning. Might be enhanced, but if it is, they did a great job. Cant wait to gift it. I just ordered the matching 3ct diamond Bar necklace. Im hoping its as gorgeous as the Bangle, or its going back.
Of course I mainly only buy with at least 30% coupons, without the starting price increased before the coupon was applied
But I noticed that lately I am splurging. I conveniently blame it on the Neupro patch that I started 1 month ago for RLS.
It has a known side effect of causing a SHOPPING ADDICTIONπŸ€ͺ
I wish it would include a CLEANING OUT MY CLOSETS ADDICTION😫
It's strange how the side effects never include beneficial things. It's always things that COULD be seen as troublesome. Sigh....
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Its so strange. I have to keep myself from buying more. Even Stranger is that Im buying more expensive itemsπŸ˜‡
My DR wanted me to increase to 2mg because the RLS is not completely under control. I talked him out of it. Im afraid if I go up in dose I will try and buy the entire shoplc business from the Indians πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜ΈπŸ€‘
4 x

Gemsnob

Vicky wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Its so strange. I have to keep myself from buying more. Even Stranger is that Im buying more expensive itemsπŸ˜‡
My DR wanted me to increase to 2mg because the RLS is not completely under control. I talked him out of it. Im afraid if I go up in dose I will try and buy the entire shoplc business from the Indians πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜ΈπŸ€‘
I understand. It's taking more beautiful, high end pieces to get the same rush because you can't get the rush from using coupons to buy several pieces at a low price. There isn't a challenge anymore. It's adrenaline. Same for people who jump out of airplanes. They need to up the challenge to get the same rush. You have to be careful though because it's money you are talking about.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

By the by, Vicky is NOT kidding about the side effects of her RLS medicine. A very well known side effect is a loss of impulse control. Some people shop to excess, some people dive hard into gambling and some...well let's just say they get to know way more people of the opposite gender way more well than they normally would. I'll go with the last one. It wouldn't cost me any money!
5 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
By the by, Vicky is NOT kidding about the side effects of her RLS medicine. A very well known side effect is a loss of impulse control. Some people shop to excess, some people dive hard into gambling and some...well let's just say they get to know way more people of the opposite gender way more well than they normally would. I'll go with the last one. It wouldn't cost me any money!
I know. I was on Abilify years ago. Years later, when I was no longer in it, I read that there was a lawsuit because it caused compulsive gambling. In me, it caused compulsive online shopping. So, I understand how she feels. It's hard to feel out of control when you are a highly educated person who also has common sense.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
@Blossom

God Bless You, for this reply. I am serious.

I always knew we were alike in many ways. You just made me feel soooooo much better.

Your descriptions of things regarding your closet are absolutely hilarious! But they're helpful, too!

And yes, I feel the same way...it is my personal space. My ONLY personal space here.

They have no clue and never will, how much more pressure they are placing on me when they complain. I mean, it really makes me feel sooooo much worse than I already do. But they'll never "get it." They never have, and they never will.

It's a complicated situation, that doesn't need to be.

I'm saving your post to re-read for whenever I'm feeling bad about certain things, like my room.

Gads, I really wish we all lived closer!

Love you, My Awesome Blossom!
πŸ’žπŸŒΈπŸ’—πŸŒΊπŸ’—πŸŒΈπŸ’ž
Cat,

Wouldn't we all be a great bunch of friends, even in person!

I'm so sorry things are so hard right now for you. My dad passed of heart attack at 67. My mom, well she passed at 86, but the last few years of her life were my most challenging.
I couldn't rationalize her mindset. Bit my tongue not wanting to be disrespectful. Everything I said was 'wrong'. Thinking it would be less work & stress for me, tried to get her to move in with me but she wouldn't leave my adult brother (who never left home). He wasn't really any help but she was able to stay in her home (which I get) because he was there. He passed 5 yrs & 5 days after her. Because he also had issues, I had a bigger battle (emotionally) dealing with him, which is a story for another time.

Life can be so draining in every way sometimes. I wish your siblings would understand how difficult things are for you & would find a way to help, at least give you a much deserved break sometimes.

You are strong! You are woman! Roar when necessary!

Love & ((Hugs))πŸ™πŸ’ž
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
I know. I was on Abilify years ago. Years later, when I was no longer in it, I read that there was a lawsuit because it caused compulsive gambling. In me, it caused compulsive online shopping. So, I understand how she feels. It's hard to feel out of control when you are a highly educated person who also has common sense.
When I first started taking Ambien for insomnia, I woke one morning & saw where I'd written something down. Studied it, hmmmm....looks like a SLC item. Didn't have enough sense at the time (Ambien side effect) to go online so I called them. Did I order this item? Answer: yes.

Great, now I have a pair of gosh awful gaudy earrings I will never wear!
5 x

Gemsnob

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
When I first started taking Ambien for insomnia, I woke one morning & saw where I'd written something down. Studied it, hmmmm....looks like a SLC item. Didn't have enough sense at the time (Ambien side effect) to go online so I called them. Did I order this item? Answer: yes.

Great, now I have a pair of gosh awful gaudy earrings I will never wear!
Ambien....I've heard of people getting in the car, going grocery shopping, coming home, putting it all away and not remembering any of it in the morning.
3 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

When I was on ambien, I would get up the next day and find my bathroom cleaned, my dishes done, and even the laundry! And I live alone! Too bad it didn't even put a dent in my OCD hoarding! I don't shop a lot, but I just can't throw out things I can reuse, like cardboard egg cartons which can be used to start seedlings! I wash plastic food trays in my dishwasher, and have large trash bags of them in my garage! I do find teachers and farmers to take them off my hands, when I feel mentally up to facing strangers, but that isn't often. The world has gotten rather scary for me! I've actually had 2 cell phones robbed right off my person while shopping! At least I finally back up my phone much more often now!
3 x