Good morning

RS

Re: Good morning

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle ...you said you’re bored. Do you have hobbies?
Yes, I used to once upon a time!!! Now it seems like nothing holds my interest! I don't even read much like I used to! Somewhere along the line SLC became a hobby in more way than one! We used to have activities here, like an arts & crafts class. Silly to think I was hooked on Bingo, 3 days a week. Card games, Dominoes. God, I sound like an old person!! :lol:
I LOVE to read but when I get a book in my hand...nothing gets done and I can’t put it down! I read fast luckily. What about doing some crafts on your own!?
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
I thought you had it. But you’re husband didn’t if I,REMEMBER RIGHT 🙂
Well yes and no...yes.

DH and I actually think he had it back in spring of 2019.

As soon as this thing hit here and we started hearing about what it was he and I both recalled the illness he had had that past spring. He still doesn’t have his taste and smell back yet.
Come to find out about a month or so ago they discovered the virus had been here earlier than they thought. And the fact that DH DAILY came in contact with so many people from all over the world in his job. We just know he had it.
He asked his doctor about getting antibody tests but he was told that it has been too long. The antibodies likely would no longer be there, or not enough to show up.
So we think he had it long before it became a pandemic. He was really really sick. He was told he had the flu. No way.
I got mine last spring. I didn’t get sick as badly as he did. But still bad enough. One really odd thing for me was the front of my neck swelled up HUGE. And it hurt.
1 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle ...you said you’re bored. Do you have hobbies?
Yes, I used to once upon a time!!! Now it seems like nothing holds my interest! I don't even read much like I used to! Somewhere along the line SLC became a hobby in more way than one! We used to have activities here, like an arts & crafts class. Silly to think I was hooked on Bingo, 3 days a week. Card games, Dominoes. God, I sound like an old person!! :lol:
I LOVE to read but when I get a book in my hand...nothing gets done and I can’t put it down! I read fast luckily. What about doing some crafts on your own!?
They started a book club here, but I wouldn't call it that. Just people, 3 I think, reading the same book. So far, they just aren't my cup of tea! Of all the best selling authors out there, they've chosen books recommended by the local library. I didn't like those choices when I worked at the library!!!! I could try to get into some kind of craft, but getting supplies is a problem. I'd need a table, lighting, etc!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago

They started a book club here, but I wouldn't call it that. Just people, 3 I think, reading the same book. So far, they just aren't my cup of tea! Of all the best selling authors out there, they've chosen books recommended by the local library. I didn't like those choices when I worked at the library!!!! I could try to get into some kind of craft, but getting supplies is a problem. I'd need a table, lighting, etc!
The big river has all that! So do the craft stores...they deliver too.

I wish I lived close to you...I’d go get what you need🥰
2 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

any of you guys crocheters or knitters?
to keep myself from standing in the corner in the dark [the ending of blair witch style].....i have pulled out my stash and started at it....
four pairs of socks....six blankets down....and still going.....keeps me busy and when i need stuff i can order off of the craft store web sites or grabazon
;)
and talk about keep your mind occupied......counting and counting and MATH....oh the horrors
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

How kind of you!!! I keep forgetting about A. Guess one day I'll have to get my feet wet! :lol:
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
to keep myself from standing in the corner in the dark [the ending of blair witch style].....i have pulled out my stash and started at it....
four pairs of socks....six blankets down....and still going.....keeps me busy and when i need stuff i can order off of the craft store web sites or grabazon
;)
and talk about keep your mind occupied......counting and counting and MATH....oh the horrors
No....I wish. I have tried. But I am left handed and everyone in my family who could crochet was right handed.

But I’m an artist. I paint but also do many many other things. Art as well as crafts. I’ve always got some project brewing.

My parrots keep me busy. Music keeps me and DH busy.

I also play Animal Crossing on my Nintendo Switch, (okay...don’t judge!)

Had planned an Etsy store, in fact it was almost ready to go...then Covid hit. I put it on hold but will get it up and running soon-ish. I just didn’t think the timing would be good to start it up, then getting sick myself held it up.

I have a lot of stuff painted and ready though!

I think hobbies are a good thing and important to have🥰
Last edited by RS 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago

How kind of you!!! I keep forgetting about A. Guess one day I'll have to get my feet wet! :lol:
You’ve NEVER ordered from there? Oh it’s SO EASY! Go....explore....go!

Oh....and @RikkM post made me remember. You have an iPad? IPhone?

My daughter got me hooked on this game (I have it on my phone) when we would be waiting for flights in an airport. It’s called WORDSCAPES

It’s like a squiggly crossword puzzle type of game. I love it. Keeps your brain active that’s for sure.

It’s an app.
2 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
;)
No....I wish. I have tried. But I am left handed and everyone in my family who could crochet was right handed.

But I’m an artist. I paint but also do many many other things. Art as well as crafts. I’ve always got some project brewing.

Had planned an Etsy store, in fact it was almost ready to go...then Covid hit. I put it on hold but will get it up and running soon-ish. I just didn’t think the timing would be good to start it up, then getting sick myself held it up.

couldnt agree with you more....especially now in these times.....DO THE ETSY store....i bet you'd smash it!....keep all posted to let us know.
my grams taught me...she was a lefty...i'd sit in her lap and she'd try to 'reverse' it....and pretty soon I was doing just fine....from there the madness continued and I self taught knitting.....now i find it very relaxing and therapeutic once you get over 'things not working right' at least with crochet and knit ...unlike life...you can tear it back and do it over.....ohhhhh so nice :lol:
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
;)

couldnt agree with you more....especially now in these times.....DO THE ETSY store....i bet you'd smash it!....keep all posted to let us know.
my grams taught me...she was a lefty...i'd sit in her lap and she'd try to 'reverse' it....and pretty soon I was doing just fine....from there the madness continued and I self taught knitting.....now i find it very relaxing and therapeutic once you get over 'things not working right' at least with crochet and knit ...unlike life...you can tear it back and do it over.....ohhhhh so nice :lol:
My Gram who was a leftie (they trained it out of her) she didn’t crochet. My other one did and so did my mom. I never could reverse it.

I do have a kit for learning to do it left handed. I will crack it open sometime. Really.

I will do the store. It was all planned months ago. I paint ON things...glasses, candles, vases, watering cans...anything I see that I like!
2 x