Website still crashing

Sissy2

Re: Website still crashing

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

To: anniebelle

Restaurants move walkers into a corner? The people with walkers or just the walker itself? I have very bad arthritis in both knees and both ankles and may have to have knee replacement surgery. I may need a walker at some point and that does not seem like a pleasant dining experience. Isn't that discrimination?
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago

Restaurants move walkers into a corner? The people with walkers or just the walker itself? I have very bad arthritis in both knees and both ankles and may have to have knee replacement surgery. I may need a walker at some point and that does not seem like a pleasant dining experience. Isn't that discrimination?
It depends on the restaurant, but after being seated some will move the walker out of the way so the servers and such can have clear access to your table. I've not found it to be a problem, just want valuables within my reach. Especially when it comes time to pay the bill! :lol:
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago

It depends on the restaurant, but after being seated some will move the walker out of the way so the servers and such can have clear access to your table. I've not found it to be a problem, just want valuables within my reach. Especially when it comes time to pay the bill! :lol:
Good morning 🦋🦋🦋

I would not want a bag then attached to a walker. A small bag like you say.
Have you checked out LUG bags? They are super well made, great organization and have many prints/patterns/colors. A couple of small ones that come to mind are the COUPE and the ROUNDABOUT. They can also be worn around the waist or used as a crossbody and I think one of those comes with a wristlet strap, I have a couple of the roundabout bags. I haven’t gotten a coupe yet...but I am sure I will.
I have many many LUG bags.

And they have a cat print in their line!!!
3 x

anniebelle

@Sissy2 , if you are going to be on a walker for any length of time, I highly recommend a walker bag. So nice to have everything you need at your fingertips! I keep hand lotion, sanitizer, tissues, pens, note pads, phone and remote control! Because of where I live in a community I have a pocket for my keys, menus, activity calendar and bulletin. Pretty much anything you would put in a handbag!!! You won't want a purse with straps when you go out, falling off your shoulder. A small crossbody like @RS mentioned for IDs and such is all you'll want to be bothered with. walkers are no fun,!!!. I still face challenges after four years!
4 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

anniebelle

Thanks for the tip. I hope to not be on a walker for too long. But one never knows. A very good friend of mine fell and cracked her pelvis. She was on a walker for a while and just had a little tray compartment at the front of it. Everything was just out there in the open. And small items seemed to slip out or fall out. The bag seems like a much better idea.
I have a friend from Texas named Bonniebelle and every time I see your name it reminds me of her. Are you from the South?
3 x

anniebelle

Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle

Thanks for the tip. I hope to not be on a walker for too long. But one never knows. A very good friend of mine fell and cracked her pelvis. She was on a walker for a while and just had a little tray compartment at the front of it. Everything was just out there in the open. And small items seemed to slip out or fall out. The bag seems like a much better idea.
I have a friend from Texas named Bonniebelle and every time I see your name it reminds me of her. Are you from the South?
No, not at all. It's a take on Poe's poem Annabel Lee. My kitties name was Annie Belle Leigh! Best known as simply Annie! I lost her a year ago, so this name is my tribute to her memory.
4 x