Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Yeah. Mine have never ever had a smell.
The tags were with all four of my sets. The thing is they were in the bottom of the box, under the cardboard box flap. I think people may not have seen the tags.
I also know when I ordered these two of them never showed up. Not QVC’s fault. I called and she immediately sent out replacements. Now I have the four sets I originally ordered and they are all fine.
Which set are you looking at?
Item # H220223. The reviews are mixed. These arent the same ones I have from last year.
Those are the sets I have (I just looked up my order). I know the jumbo ones are large. In fact, right now there are two of that size under the tree. One is a bathrobe for son-in-law and it’s a thick plush robe. There’s room to spare in the bag. There is another jumbo one with something for me. I “think” 👀👀👀👅 it’s a barefoot dreams poncho with sleeves. I know it’s thick and plush. Plenty of room left in that bag as well.
I don’t have any of the bad issues that those reviews state. Mine don’t rip. If you were putting something in the bag that was too big...yeah it would rip. If it had sharp edges it could (I have done that) but that is not the bags fault.
I’ve been using them for years and this year they seem the same quality.
I know people couldn’t find the tags in the box because mine were hidden. I usually end up having to buy more tags because when the bag gets reused the tag doesn’t. I got some really pretty and festive ones (tie on type too) at Hobby Lobby last year. They were inexpensive with several styles in the box. I got two boxes.
All the bags don’t get reused. Just the ones that didn’t really wrinkle. I lay them flat in a shallow Rubbermaid box and store them. I use the non holiday ones for other occasions.
Thank you for taking the time to check your order! Ill see about ordering a couple of sets. Its not like they wont get used eventually.
1 x

RS

Re: Holiday Parties?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Item # H220223. The reviews are mixed. These arent the same ones I have from last year.
Those are the sets I have (I just looked up my order). I know the jumbo ones are large. In fact, right now there are two of that size under the tree. One is a bathrobe for son-in-law and it’s a thick plush robe. There’s room to spare in the bag. There is another jumbo one with something for me. I “think” 👀👀👀👅 it’s a barefoot dreams poncho with sleeves. I know it’s thick and plush. Plenty of room left in that bag as well.
I don’t have any of the bad issues that those reviews state. Mine don’t rip. If you were putting something in the bag that was too big...yeah it would rip. If it had sharp edges it could (I have done that) but that is not the bags fault.
I’ve been using them for years and this year they seem the same quality.
I know people couldn’t find the tags in the box because mine were hidden. I usually end up having to buy more tags because when the bag gets reused the tag doesn’t. I got some really pretty and festive ones (tie on type too) at Hobby Lobby last year. They were inexpensive with several styles in the box. I got two boxes.
All the bags don’t get reused. Just the ones that didn’t really wrinkle. I lay them flat in a shallow Rubbermaid box and store them. I use the non holiday ones for other occasions.
Thank you for taking the time to check your order! Ill see about ordering a couple of sets. Its not like they wont get used eventually.
🥰🥰🥰
1 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

YES! I stocked up this year with four new sets. I have velvet Santa sacks that are for gifts from “Santa” (yeah I go there). And those don’t wear out. I finally bought new ones last year.
I love the Kringle bags. Peek proof, I mean as much as any gift can be. And they are very sturdy. If you order just be sure to read the description for what sizes are included. They listened to their customers (huh...novel concept ‘eh?) and started including more larger and jumbo bags in the sets and fewer tiny ones.
This years set seems the right amount of all sizes.
I'll check it out. Thank you! I'll probably still end up wrapping stocking stuffers. My husband will never let me end that tradition. Hes really good about helping with everything. Im lucky there.
I used to wrap those and husband said WHY? I stopped and never any complaints. The stockings are my FAVORITE part and always over stuffed so a lot to wrap!
My husband is always a tremendous help. But is always on the back side of the clock and needs to catch up on sleep.
He always tried to do his own laundry too, but I just can’t let him. He’s trying to help.
Your husband sounds like such a nice man. You
are so blessed. Is the brother as nice?
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@RS,

What on earth does a person give as a "White Elephant Gift" for Christmas?!

I mean, I've heard the term, but never really understood it. I also never heard of it for Christmas. Is it like a "gag" gift?

Okay, I just looked it up. Mostly gag gifts, but useful ones too.

A lot were the "type" called "adult humor." Some of these are pretty crude and should probably be called "Not-So-Adult-Humor"!

On dodoburd ... /white-elephant-gift-ideas

Though I am sure you can find plenty that are much better online, or even make something.

Look at the Barbie doll covered with hair everywhere that comes with a razor! Ha! Ha! Armpits and knuckles too? I don't know, but her legs, arms, chest and chin are covered with fuzz! Probably her whole body!

One I thought was clever was a pretty scarf...with white elephants on it!

Let us know what you come up with!

1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
@RS,

I mean, I've heard the term, but never really understood it. I also never heard of it for Christmas. Is it like a "gag" gift?

A lot were the "type" called "adult humor." Some of these are pretty crude and should probably be called "Not-So-Adult-Humor"!

Though I am sure you can find plenty that are much better online, or even make something.

Look at the Barbie doll covered with hair everywhere that comes with a razor! Ha! Ha! Armpits and knuckles too? I don't know, but her legs, arms, chest and chin are covered with fuzz! Probably her whole body!

@
Years ago, White Elephant gift were more gag gifts, think "elephant in the room" and who the heck would want that? You would actually try to avoid the "elephant" by trading instead of trying to just get the best. Now people use the term for every gift exchange. Kind of lost its purpose.

Its like hosts saying people buy jewelry at a "big box store". Really? That would be Sams club, Costco and Lowes. Lol I dont think so! Walmart is a Super Center not a big box store but I digress. I get caught up in the details ALL the time.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I'll check it out. Thank you! I'll probably still end up wrapping stocking stuffers. My husband will never let me end that tradition. Hes really good about helping with everything. Im lucky there.
I used to wrap those and husband said WHY? I stopped and never any complaints. The stockings are my FAVORITE part and always over stuffed so a lot to wrap!
My husband is always a tremendous help. But is always on the back side of the clock and needs to catch up on sleep.
He always tried to do his own laundry too, but I just can’t let him. He’s trying to help.
Your husband sounds like such a nice man. You
are so blessed. Is the brother as nice?
Thank you❣️My husband is truly a Prince. And YES...brother is wonderful as well. He and my husband look so much alike but my husband is the “light” version (strawberry blonde hair, fair skinned) and brother is “dark”(dark brown hair, medium skin) both have their mother’s blue/gray eyes though.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
@RS,

@

Well...the idea for mine immediately came to mind.

Husband and I had to search for one from him. We decided not to go the gag gift route. The limit is $50.00 so I am guessing nobody else is either.

For husband we got a beautiful Luminara lantern. I painted the candle part and inside the lantern where there is room around the candle I decorated with greenery and berries, mini pine cones.

From me...well....

https://community.shoplc.com/viewtopic. ... ired#p3253

One of these with a set with some cute jars of loose tea, a tea ball, some tea towels and two mugs. All in a basket.

I really didn’t want to but my husband convinced me to. 🥺
1 x

Catticus

It's the PERFECT idea! Not only is it beautiful and useful, it's a white elephant! I'd be thrilled to get one!
1 x

Catticus

But I understand you not wanting to give one away!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
But I understand you not wanting to!
The reason is...it’s one of those unwrap and someone can steal it if they want it.

What if nobody wanted it and it’s left...last and alone? Like the kid picked last for kickball 🥺🥺🥺
0 x