Off the forums for awhile

Blossom

Re: Off the forums for awhile

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I want to thank each and everyone of you for the kindness & caring words to me. My Mom had a massive heart attack, out of the blue, and they couldn’t revive her at the hospital. I’m still numb and shocked at this happening, she always said she would live to be 100. Her visitation will be Tuesday from 2-8 pm and her funeral will be Wednesday. Please hold your loved ones as close to you as you can, you never know what tomorrow will bring. Make amends with the ones who you might have had unkind words with, because it’s better to forgive than hold a grudge. If only I could have told my Mom that I forgave her for deserting my sister and me, I feel so guilty. Things with her were never easy, constantly telling me she hated me, but I wish I had the chance for 1 last conversation with her to make peace within my own soul. But I live with it, so please tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. And I want to tell all of you that you mean the world to me. We’ve not met, but I’ve formed a sisterhood with all of you that I cherish. Thank you again for all your prayers & I will see you soon. Much love to everyone ♥️💔🙏🏻
Ginger, I know this thread isn't about me but it hits so close to home. My mom & HowRevelationary's mom...your mom & my dad (who died suddenly of a massive heart attack), I wish I could physically hug everyone here. I'm sure your mom loved you in her own way & seriously doubt your guilt is justified. Losing parents is such an emotional turmoil. I hope in time, the best memories will sustain you & your family always.💞
6 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I am having to take some time off the forums because my 74 year old Mother passed away this morning unexpectedly. Please take care of yourself and those you love, you never know when it will be the final day. I will miss you all & see you as soon as I can.💔💔🙏🏻
Very sorry to hear about your mother! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I am having to take some time off the forums because my 74 year old Mother passed away this morning unexpectedly. Please take care of yourself and those you love, you never know when it will be the final day. I will miss you all & see you as soon as I can.💔💔🙏🏻
Ohhh Ginger....I am so sorry. Losing your Mommy is so difficult. No matter our age, at some point we always long for our Mama. The heart will always remember what Mama Is to us.

Please know that I am feeling for you. Tears well up in my eyes as I type this...having lost both my Mama and Daddy (less than 2 weeks apart) just a few years ago.

She will find a way “back” to you. I believe this. Every time I think of my Daddy a hummingbird suddenly appears. I also still talk to them both, every day.

You come back when you are ready. But I, as well as every one of these lovely people here, will be holding you close. ❤️🥺❤️
4 x

Shop4joy

Post by Shop4joy » 4 years ago

GINGER.
I'm so sorry for your lost.
I wish, there were other much more comforting words I could say.
I too, have lost my mother.
In my thoughts and prayers; during this difficult time.
3 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 4 years ago

Oh my goodness, Ginger, your other post about making amends with those you love...again socked me right in the heart. First and most importantly, hope you are yet taking care of yourself as you take care of others in your family!! My mom passed on Tuesday the eleventh after a week and a half of stoke complications and accompanying indignities, as well as a few very brief moments of single-word lucidity (why, God?). My sister and I weathered the storm together during the “precious awfulness” of it all, then got into a heated skirmish over nothing consequential while settling her affairs. When I drove her to the airport we were barely speaking. (Mom didn’t want a public memorial, just a family reunion at some time in the future to celebrate/reminisce on her). Thank goodness this didn’t last long, as we apologized/got over it last night.

Ginger, your words are spot on. Making amends may require humility and apology-not always easy-but so worth it. As to the relationship you had with your mother, well, I have no wisdom, only empathy. My own father walked out of my life when I was a child and never looked back (no reconciliation before he passed). Perhaps I had it easier than you. Hope you can come to terms/peace with the (complicated?) relationship you had with your mom. God bless & continued prayers...
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

@HowRevelationary
Sorry for your loss,
Love and prayers
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@HowRevelationary
I am so sorry for your loss 💜🥺💔
Will keep you and your family in prayer🙏 -Gypsy
1 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Prayers for you and your family.
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@HowRevelationary
I'm so sorry about your mom. I know it's hard to say good-bye as it was so similar when my mom passed. I'm glad you & your sister made peace & hope you can find comfort through one another💞
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

HowRevelationary wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my goodness, Ginger, your other post about making amends with those you love...again socked me right in the heart. First and most importantly, hope you are yet taking care of yourself as you take care of others in your family!! My mom passed on Tuesday the eleventh after a week and a half of stoke complications and accompanying indignities, as well as a few very brief moments of single-word lucidity (why, God?). My sister and I weathered the storm together during the “precious awfulness” of it all, then got into a heated skirmish over nothing consequential while settling her affairs. When I drove her to the airport we were barely speaking. (Mom didn’t want a public memorial, just a family reunion at some time in the future to celebrate/reminisce on her). Thank goodness this didn’t last long, as we apologized/got over it last night.

Ginger, your words are spot on. Making amends may require humility and apology-not always easy-but so worth it. As to the relationship you had with your mother, well, I have no wisdom, only empathy. My own father walked out of my life when I was a child and never looked back (no reconciliation before he passed). Perhaps I had it easier than you. Hope you can come to terms/peace with the (complicated?) relationship you had with your mom. God bless & continued prayers...
@HowRevelationary :I'm sorry about your loss. May God brings comfort to you during this time.
2 x