Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Gemsnob

Re: Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Jt wrote:
4 years ago
What is it with this world that we have to make it a point criticize others? I was in my 30 year career taught diligently to criticize the process or product, not the person. To look for opportunities of improvement. Gems and material things can be tokens of memories and experiences. People are not about what they have but who they are. Forum allows people to share why they love these "things".
Please read the title of the forum/desc. purpose or mission "socialize and share about gems and jewelry". If the ladies and gents choose to be personal I see nothing wrong with this...get a real life, be real is what I live by. People have feelings. We are not made of stone...unless that is what we want...Not me. I choose to be kind and listen when a heart is hurting...or a belly is empty. Well, guess I said enough, I just sink when I see people say hurting words...words do hurt...haven't you heard.
Teresa for Jesus Christ the almighty
Well the cat's out of the bag.
Not every day do I. However, I do subscribe best I can...I can do what I can...
Jt means Jesus got my back...
6 x

Gemsnob

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point?

Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
In my opinion, this is the most cold hearted post I have ever seen on this forum.

You do realize you posted this in "General Conversation"? And just who is "we" and "us"?

I'm sorry, but I have to wonder what your agenda is. And, I can't help but also wonder just "who" you really are. Perhaps someone who is upset with certain members here?

"Minerals", huh? Really???? Hmmmmm...

I see a lot more posts on jewelry, shopping, stones, Shop LC, and questions and discussions WITH our beloved Moderators, than "personal and irrelevant banter."

And the "personal posts" I do see, I certainly would NEVER consider as "banter" or "irrelevant."

Lately these "personal posts" have been about members (who have come to know each other through their discussions about "gems, minerals and shopping") who have loved ones who are suffering, and even dying.

If that's something you consider irrelevant, I can only feel pity for you.

You didn't even need to state that you "don't understand the point."

Sadly, your post alone reveals that you obviously don't.

Why don't YOU go to Facebook? Shop LC has a Facebook page. Maybe you'll like it better there?

You can discuss only "gems, minerals and shopping". And if you have really read posts on this forum, you would find quite a lot of interesting discussions and information HERE on these very topics you seek.
Wow, Catticus, you opened my eyes! I know there's no way to know 100% but the linguistics in the writing in its entirety match so much. The need to "control" narrative is a match. The lack of "caring" is a match. Snarkiness is a match. Motive? match. "I don't understand, what is the point?" <<<<<exact match. Heard it before. Again, we will never know... but I think you nailed it.
Catticus is on the mark. I wonder if "mom" will show up too?
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

In my opinion, this is the most cold hearted post I have ever seen on this forum.

You do realize you posted this in "General Conversation"? And just who is "we" and "us"?

I'm sorry, but I have to wonder what your agenda is. And, I can't help but also wonder just "who" you really are. Perhaps someone who is upset with certain members here?

"Minerals", huh? Really???? Hmmmmm...

I see a lot more posts on jewelry, shopping, stones, Shop LC, and questions and discussions WITH our beloved Moderators, than "personal and irrelevant banter."

And the "personal posts" I do see, I certainly would NEVER consider as "banter" or "irrelevant."

Lately these "personal posts" have been about members (who have come to know each other through their discussions about "gems, minerals and shopping") who have loved ones who are suffering, and even dying.

If that's something you consider irrelevant, I can only feel pity for you.

You didn't even need to state that you "don't understand the point."

Sadly, your post alone reveals that you obviously don't.

Why don't YOU go to Facebook? Shop LC has a Facebook page. Maybe you'll like it better there?

You can discuss only "gems, minerals and shopping". And if you have really read posts on this forum, you would find quite a lot of interesting discussions and information HERE on these very topics you seek.
Wow, Catticus, you opened my eyes! I know there's no way to know 100% but the linguistics in the writing in its entirety match so much. The need to "control" narrative is a match. The lack of "caring" is a match. Snarkiness is a match. Motive? match. "I don't understand, what is the point?" <<<<<exact match. Heard it before. Again, we will never know... but I think you nailed it.
Catticus is on the mark. I wonder if "mom" will show up too?
Ha! Without a doubt! ;)
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
Well, well, well....

Apparently by the number of “likes” (genuine or not) you have received by this post I would say that there are at least 11 people who share your point of view.

Well let me tell you...many here do not. I happen to be one who does not. I know you can see 👀 where it clearly states this forum is a place for members to SOCIALIZE. Savvy the concept of “socialization”??? My guess would be no, especially if you think it should be taken to FB!
Seriously?
I would be sooooo glad to engage you regarding that venue. Oh but wait...that’s not about GEMS.

HMMMM.....gems....gem only talk? Why does that issue seem to be prevalent as of late? I do wonder....🤨

And why would you feel the need to censor what anyone talks about here? Is that an issue with you? Wanting to control what is talked about and where and in what form or manner?

When the new guidelines were posted here some didn’t like the idea of censorship. But ET tu Brute? ....🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

And yes as most have said here your post is so unkind, unfeeling and cold it is simply astonishing.

I must applaud you in your lack of empathy, caring and simple humanity. (Sarcasm sign)

Well done.

Bless your heart...❤️
11 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Nice to see you RS, I have missed you.
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Catticus it sounds like you might know who wrote this rude post? If so hint please.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Nice to see you RS, I have missed you.
And I YOU!

Let’s get this party rockin’! ❤️❤️❤️
7 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

Well, well, well....

Apparently by the number of “likes” (genuine or not) you have received by this post I would say that there are at least 11 people who share your point of view.

Well let me tell you...many here do not. I happen to be one who does not. I know you can see 👀 where it clearly states this forum is a place for members to SOCIALIZE. Savvy the concept of “socialization”??? My guess would be no, especially if you think it should be taken to FB!
Seriously?
I would be sooooo glad to engage you regarding that venue. Oh but wait...that’s not about GEMS.

HMMMM.....gems....gem only talk? Why does that issue seem to be prevalent as of late? I do wonder....🤨

And why would you feel the need to censor what anyone talks about here? Is that an issue with you? Wanting to control what is talked about and where and in what form or manner?

When the new guidelines were posted here some didn’t like the idea of censorship. But ET tu Brute? ....🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

And yes as most have said here your post is so unkind, unfeeling and cold it is simply astonishing.

I must applaud you in your lack of empathy, caring and simple humanity. (Sarcasm sign)

Well done.

Bless your heart...❤️
Its so wonderful to see you again! Isnt it ironic that the person who wants to censor us here left because she didnt like being censored? Someone sure has issues. Its no wonder I left WP without a warning. Lol
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus it sounds like you might know who wrote this rude post? If so hint please.
I don’t think Cat is the only one who might know...
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
colljoe wrote:
4 years ago

Well, well, well....

Seriously?

Well done.

Bless your heart...❤️
Its so wonderful to see you again! Isnt it ironic that the person who wants to censor us here left because she didnt like being censored? Someone sure has issues. Its no wonder I left WP without a warning. Lol
❤️❤️❤️

Also like a missing thread entirely? I just deleted it.
WP is such a PITA anyway.
I love it here.
6 x