Washington Virus Update

Blossom

Re: Washington Virus Update

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote: ↑
4 years ago
When I was a medic it seemed that none of us wore our seat belts in the ambulance. But yet, as medics... when we rolled up on an accident and observed that people weren't using their seatbelts.... we would naturally go into the spiel about the need to use your seatbelts. We would give the speech about how seatbelts save lives and spout out statistics as proof. Well one day, our bosses called all of their medics in for an employee meeting ( which were done monthly ). In that meeting, we were informed that if we were seen by either of them riding in the ambulance without using our seatbelts....they would take $75.00 ( for every time we were seen ) out of our paycheck. ( They had a little Bronco that was our assist ALS vehicle, that one boss or the other drove when they were on duty ... so they could be anywhere in the county ) Well, everyone of us didnt believe what they said about taking our money. UNTIL.... come paycheck day....... ALL of our paychecks came up short..... I mean WAY short. I drew a $6.27 paycheck. Yup.... I never cashed it.... I was too embarrassed to. But let me tell you..... since that paycheck...... my car or ambulance did NOT MOVE..... until EVERYONE is buckled in. And i am that way still.....Kind of reminded me of the old saying..... Money talks / BS walks. I know it's not the best story...... but if you could've seen my face when I saw my check..... NOW THAT WAS A STORY........
Geez! Guess they put YOUR money where their mouth was. That check would have changed my opinion about seatbelts too!
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@Angelflutter
Your medic story brought back memories.
Years ago, I was in charge of the ER one weekend, when a water pipe broke in a bathroom. Water gushed out at a furious rate. I called the head of engineering at home, after the one on duty had no idea where the shut off valve was ( they had remodeled the ER a few months ago, but failed to leave a graph of where pipes etc.were relocated. The head of engineering that I called was also clueless. The water was rising rapidly. I had to call an internal RED ALERT which stops the ambulances from bringing patients due to our internal issues. Once I called the red alert, we began to transfer the patients to upper floors. The water at this point reached my knees. The Fire dept showed up and started breaking walls and ceilings to try and find the shut off valve. The staff and patients were at risk of getting electrocuted because we were standing in water, while the ER was full of electrical equipment. Most of the staff feared getting hurt and ran out of the ER. I only had 2 staff that stayed to evacuate all the patients, which was far from enough.
Out of the blue EMS MEDICS arrived and offered to help get the patients up to the floors.
The Medics risked their lives to help get the patients out of danger.
I wrote a commendation letter to their boss. I wonder if the Boss gave them a bonus for their heroism, like he subtracted their pay for no seatbelt.
I am all for seatbelts, but what the boss did was OVERKILL.
One deduction would have been enough to REMIND medics to wear seatbelts πŸ˜’
At the same time, I AM SURE OUR ENGINEERING REMEMBERED TO THEN DRAW A GRAPH OF WHERE THINGS WERE LOCATED, because the hospital was fined $50,000 by the City for not knowing where the shut off valve was.
I bet Engineerings paychecks were a little lighter😏
6 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

That was a BIG fine. OUCH !!!! Thanking you, the others that stayed and those medics. With all of the electrical equipment in the ER...you guys really went above and beyond. There was a definate risk of your lives and you were all extremely lucky. But I understand.... I would've been right in there with you all. They redid our ER and radiology department here a couple of years ago... hope they didn't make the same error.
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

My favorite joke is on the naughty side. So BEWARE..... Three old southern ladies were out for tea. As they gathered around and talked, the subject turned to what their husbands had given them as gifts for their last wedding anniversary. The first lady couldn't help but gush over the 5 Carat diamond bracelet that hubby had given her. The second lady told her how beautiful her bracelet was and how her husband must be so much in love with her to give her such a beautiful bauble. The third lady stated "That's nice." The second lady told the others that her husband had given her (and him ) a cruise around the world. The first lady exclaimed " What a wonderful gift. So thoughtful of your husband, knowing how you like to travel." The third lady stated " That's nice." The first lady asked the 3rd lady what her hubby had gifted her with. The third lady stated " My husband sent me to etiquette school." The second lady stated " Oh my. Why would he send you to ettiquite school ?" The third lady stated " So they could teach me to say "That's nice, instead of F*** You. " :lol:
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

4 years ago
My favorite joke is on the naughty side. So BEWARE..... Three old southern ladies were out for tea. As they gathered around and talked, the subject turned to what their husbands had given them as gifts for their last wedding anniversary. The first lady couldn't help but gush over the 5 Carat diamond bracelet that hubby had given her. The second lady told her how beautiful her bracelet was and how her husband must be so much in love with her to give her such a beautiful bauble. The third lady stated "That's nice." The second lady told the others that her husband had given her (and him ) a cruise around the world. The first lady exclaimed " What a wonderful gift. So thoughtful of your husband, knowing how you like to travel." The third lady stated " That's nice." The first lady asked the 3rd lady what her hubby had gifted her with. The third lady stated " My husband sent me to etiquette school." The second lady stated " Oh my. Why would he send you to ettiquite school ?" The third lady stated " So they could teach me to say "That's nice, instead of F*** You. " :lol:
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
LOVE IT ❗❗❗
2 x

Blossom

4 years ago
@Angelflutter
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Good one! ! Third lady kinda sums up my life! :lol:
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Update:

There are now 10 nursing homes in WA state with at least one resident or staff testing positive for Covid19. A person from CDC stated "This virus is a killing machine for the elderly." This swept like wildfire though the first nursing home. Let us hope and pray they have figured out better procedures, protocol and containment methods this time around

JQ Out.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Update:

There are now 10 nursing homes in WA state with at least one resident or staff testing positive for Covid19. A person from CDC stated "This virus is a killing machine for the elderly." This swept like wildfire though the first nursing home. Let us hope and pray they have figured out better procedures, protocol and containment methods this time around

JQ Out.
πŸ₯ΊπŸ’”πŸ˜’

Please take care❀️❀️❀️
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

. -
Thanks RS.

I am cutting the lowest of low silhouettes sister mine. With a little bit of medical background I feel like I have a handle on contamination and preventative methods. Now If I just don't go stark raving mad staying home all day I should be fine. Trying to keep to the old "Everybody is a suspicious character except you and me, and lately you are not looking too good either!" frame of mind but it is really hard for me. I swear this forum is a life saver.
4 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Update:

JQ Out.
That's what makes it scary. How many will die before they do find a better way to handle the situation. I'm relieved to know you possess the knowledge & common sense to keep you & Sissy safe.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!! πŸ’œ See, I even used the color of royalty just for you, Our Queen!πŸ’ž
2 x